Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm just an idiot and I need all the help I can get

I'm just an idiot and I need all the help I can get

I have this program called Sifeu. I use it to encrypt and decrypt files that I have that I don't want anyone to see.
    The problem is I thought I'd be smart and put a crazy password that no one would ever guess and I freakin forgot it. I tried all the different ones I use for various accounts but none have worked.
    After all that I've been trying to find pass crackers and such to brute force the password that I have but I don't understand how to use any of them.
    I can assure you guys that finding this password is completely legal because it is information on my own computer and I have all the time in the world to decrypt them.
    If anyone has any suggestions i'd really appreciate it.

I used a blowfish algorithm to encrypt the file and SHA-1 hash algorithm to encrypt the password.
    THANKS GUYS!

Silentspies

You know, it is really hard to earn out trust through these forums alone. You could really have the problem, or you could be doing something illegal and malicious. I, myself, don't know how, I am jsut saying that even if I did, I probably still wouldn't tell you. Not flaming you or anything, it is just there are lots of bad people out there.
    Don\'t mistake lack of talent for genius.

Plus a lot of the information you're looking for is probably already available elsewhere on AO. Do a thread search and you'll find tons of stuff on password-related topics.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Here's an idea. Contact the developers and ask them for thier password recovery utility (if one even exists). This is a freeware tool so don't expect too much in the way of speedy support.

juve@ebox.tninet.se

This is the e-mail address for general use and bug reporting issues.

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

if you know where the password is stored and the resulting string after hash you can still try to brute force it. However, it will take a long, long, long, time.
    question: why you stored password hashed? have no sense for me.... (why store the password anyway...)
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Is it just me, or does summer always bring a lot of skiddies in here trying to social engineer us?

Heh. Summer man. Do you really think we will actually get outside and do something social like or constructive? Jesus, what do you think we are, tanned young healthy people with lives? NO! God...Nothing wrong with being all pasty looking, while downloading stuff off Kazaa, and posting on security sites so you can break into your friend's files and steal their games and stuff. hehehehe....
    Don\'t mistake lack of talent for genius.

And as a tip, although funyn at times, degrading yourself in the subject will not get you more help. All it does is make it look like you're trying to get us to feel sorry for you and tell you how to crack an encypted password.
    But yes the best way to recover your lost password would be to call the tech support for the product.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Honestly it's hard to tell if this is ligit or not, but if we're assuming this, may I humbly suggest this to my fellow AO members:

Instead of posting "don't do that" messages, how about we just don't respond to these kind of threads when we disapprove of them? A lot of these guys are posting just to get us to flame incessantly, and it works like a charm every single time. This is one problem that actually will go away if you ignore it. If the guy has bad intentions, gets one or two responses if that much, he'll get bored and give up. But as long as we keep responding, these threads will continue to pop up, as they are on a daily basis now.

To the thread starter: If you are ligit, don't take it personally. It's just that most people aren't.

but its fun to respond to these threads