Thread: caller ID spoofing

caller ID spoofing

well i know this really dosent belong here but i thaught it was kinda security because you could gain access to places you should not have access to. i know how to make the caller id tone that has to be sent over the phone but i dont know how to send it over the phone to make it work can any one give me a little insight on how this works.
    thank you for your time Riot.

riot. i think you should look around IRC rooms, or other forums regarding "phreaking". i dont think too many security admins would know much about it. i used to, just google "phreaking" and "caller ID" in the same search..you should be set. find some contacts you can keep up with.

my $.02
    A_T
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

I would like to hear about the voIP version of this...

voIP is the next big field in security if you ask me....

you are right Soda_Popinsky about voip and i will search a little more for answers to my questions AxessTerminated

Thank you for your time Riot.

Try a thread called Big Brother or something like the by CubaKing want to know more I posted some info there. First off there is a service and about 300 or so lines of code for spoofing caller ID try doing a search on Orange Box on google this should get you more then started. One half of finding answers is knowing what to call stuff.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

i did not know they called it orange box

Thank you for your time Riot

Hmmm...

I don't think the voIP caller id hack is done with an orange box.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/news/9061

But the most powerful tool for manipulating and accessing CPN data is the open-source Linux-based PBX software Asterisk, used in combination with a permissive VoIP provider. "It's fully configurable, you can pretty much do anything you want with it," says Lucky. "That's why Voice over I.P. is changing things."

Riot, did you just finish reading "The Art of Deception" by Kevin Mitnink?

No i did not just finish reading it i have read it but i read it when it first came out. why do you ask?