Got back from the linux.conf.au conference. Here's the tutorials/talks that I got a chance to see.
- Linux Kernel Hacking - Rusty Russell
- Centralised authentication on Linux using OpenLDAP - Del Elson
- Ten Years of SAMBA - Andrew Tridgell & Jeremy Allison
- Slashcode Without Much Pain - Chris DiBona
- Why BSD is better than Linux - Greg Lehey
- Technology behind the Debian "testing" distribution - Anthony Towns
- iproxy: Running TCP services over UDP - Simon Horman
- Computing Fallacies - Michi Henning
- Wireless networking with Linux and IEEE 802.11b - David Gibson
- The role of open source solutions on the third world - Adilson Oliveira
- Samba 3.0 and Active Directory - Andrew Tridgell
- The Future of Linux Packet Filtering - Rusty Russell
- Ten Years of Linux - Theodore Tso
A CD will be posted in a few weeks with hard copies of all the lectures. If anyone is interested in getting a copy of any of these, just let me know =).
February 12th, 2002, 03:11 AM
I manged to get a copy of the Linux.conf.au 2001 CD. Here's some of the tutorials from it zipped up. They include:
- Boosting Apache with Perl
- Examining RPM
- Future of Linux Packet Filtering
- Introduction to BSD for Linux Users
The 2002 CD should get posted out in a few weeks. Enjoy =).
February 12th, 2002, 03:32 AM
Thankx.. a lot!
February 12th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Thancks for the info, the more knowledge the more power, we all know that!
February 12th, 2002, 03:46 AM
hey when are you going to post out the 2002 items?
February 12th, 2002, 04:05 AM
I just got back from the conference and they said that the 2002 CD will take 3-5 weeks to be posted out. So I'm waiting too. The suspense is killing me ;).
February 12th, 2002, 04:08 AM
Well 3-5 weeks is not that long, but often times it is an eternity
Just make sure you post it up when you get it, until then may we wait forever. :C
February 14th, 2002, 12:20 AM
I don't even know how much will be put on the CD. It might be just the tutorial notes and some code. But they might include sound files some of the lectures. Who knows. There was heaps of interesting stuff discussed that wasn't in the tutorial notes. So if the CD misses some of the good stuff, which is likely, I'll try to fill in the blanks from what I remember of the sessions I went to.
All we can do is wait faithfully for the CD's to get shipped and Australia Post to work its magic :).
February 14th, 2002, 01:26 AM
PM me when the cd comes out. Some of those lectures looked very interesting. Thanks for telling us.