If she is still actively logging into the site, you might want to look into one of these:
http://www.keyghost.com/USB-Keylogger.htm -- They are [for the most part] operating system independent. Just plug it in, wait for her to log into the site, and retrieve the keyghost afterward. You can do this with software as well, but then you run the risk of anti-virus/anti-malware catching it.
What website is it?
You might look at something like this:
There are other parental control/protection applications out there, but we need to know more details regarding what is being used.
OK, I found your missing posts and tried to insert them in the best place.
The questions still remain as to:
1. Which e-mail provider?
2. Which website?
Looks like that didn't work.
The OS is Windows 7 and the browser is IE8, but there is a question as to whether she actually is using that machine?
If she is using a public library, school, or friend's computer then you cannot do anything legally.
She can open as many accounts as she likes, where she likes; and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
She is 17 and it is YOU who still thinks that she is 14..........daddy's little girl is growing up?
Here's how to view teh cookies within ie8
1.From the Tools menu, or the Tools drop-down at the upper right, select Internet Options.
2.GENERAL TAB => Under "Browsing History", click Settings.
3.Click View Objects or View Files.
i would doubt you are going to get any plaintext passwords from them, your best to try to capture live session cookies.
grab this file :> http://www.4shared.com/file/UoWC4hc9/USBThief.html install onto a fresh usb stick, plug into the computer and you'll get the needed data.
Just make sure you disable your AntiVirus before pluggin in the thumb drive, as the way this tool works it will make the antivirus app throw up false positive's. :)
This is the version that was originally from Ir0ng33k's website. ;)
How to install: Format and use a clean USB Pen Drive. Then extract all the files to USB drive and eject it. How Does this works: The files contain a autorun.inf file which will execute bat files and they will extract all the vital information from your computer.
Where to find the Information stored: After extraction insert the USB drive in that computer from where you want to have the information. If Auto run is disabled in the system then double click the pen drive and within 2-3 sec eject it. Now when you want the information, insert your pen drive and check the Dump folder inside your USB Pen Drive and it will have all the vital information you need ;)
So in short, copy to usb drive, remove usb stick from computer, then after your daughter has used it, insert usb stick, let it run then manually open the usb drive contents, and open the DUMP folder and you should be able to get the relevant login data.
u can find the save password in the chrome and mozila firefox but u want to get the password from cookies if anyone use ur pc there some software like key logger can have that kind of pasword..................
They have some utilities which may be what your looking for
Why worry about it?
More than likely she isn't college material. And despite thousands of years of social change... most woman are still so lazy and irrelevant to society. They'll refuse to take jobs. Admit it, finding someone rich to marry would be the only thing she has going for her.
An absolute essay in cynical misogynism. :p
From what I can see is she is of the age of unrestricted legal consent in all but 11 States?
If she does go to college it would be better that she went "street wise" than naive, as she will be beyond control. Education is better than obstruction.
Other things to bear in mind are:
1. You generally cannot close accounts as such. Just try closing your AO account, or even changing your user name............you can't.
2. You need to be very careful of what you do on a site with an account that you do not own. Family relationships are no defence in a court of law.
3. You must own the equipment being used if you are going to attach hardware or load software on it. Just because it is on your premises and being used by a member of your family is just not good enough even if you paid for it.
4. The days of getting passwords from cookies have long since gone. All you can hope for is the session authentication record, which is a meaningless, computer-generated string, whose validity will end when the user logs out. Even if they don't log out, you have a very narrow window of opportunity before the site housekeeping software
5. Even if you do succeed in locking someone out of their account, there is nothing to stop them opening another one. There is a further downside in that they are now forewarned of your intentions, and you have burnt your bridges as far as dialogue is concerned. Also, even though the person may not know much about computer security, you can bet that they know a friend or schoolmate who does......you won't get away with it a second time.
6. Repression breeds reaction and rebellion.........haven't you Americans learned anything from 1776? :)
Hybrid, those videos on Irongeek are pretty informative. Thanks for the info or atleast mentioning there website and also a neat trick with the USBthief.
Originally Posted by HYBR|D