Moving Menu Bar in IE7 to the Top, Where it should be
Moving Menu Bar in IE7 to the Top, Where it should be.
I grabbed this little trick from Geeks2go.com:)
When I installed Internet Explorer 7 just a short while ago, I noticed something very annoying. For one, the Menu Bar wasn't even visible by default, but that was changed by a simple VIEW-->TOOLBARS and clicking on MENU BAR
. After I did that, the real annoyance began. The Address Bar was ABOVE
the Menu Bar and you couldn't change it even if you unlocked the Toolbars and tried to move the Address Bar down manually.
I quickly did some research on this, and found out that this can be changed. :) To make the Menu Bar appear at the top, you have to do the following:
NOTE* Works with Both WinXP & Win Vista*
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Go to START-->RUN and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
- Naviage to the Key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser.
- In the white area to the right, right-click and select NEW-->DWORD and label this new entry ITBar7Position and hit ENTER.
- Double-click the ITBar7Position entry you just created to open it's properties window and change the value from 0 to 1.
- Close the registry editor.
- Open Internet Explorer 7 and you will now see the Menu Bar at the top.