Ok, so for those that haven't heard yet the concept of web 2.0 is to go back to a system of smart mainframes with all your apps and data and using only a dumb terminal. I basically want to hear people's views on the idea.
A live example is of course google docs and spreadsheets.
The pros as far as I'm concerned are:
* Documents are available anywhere on any pc
* All pcs in a network are always running the same version
* Performance depends on how many other people in the world are doing the same thing
* A system with more users is inherently less secure.
* Any breach of security will allow access to a LOT more data than storing on local workstations or local networks.
Given this report:
I want to know what you lot think.