windowsclick.com redirect (UACd.sys.trojan) removal
A quick scan with Malwarebytes and a full scan with an updated Norton both come up clean. Google works (ie, no more redirecting).
Now the fun partÖ
1. Was I infected with something that steals passwords or enables another use to control my computer such as a backdoor trojan?
2. Is my computer now clean? Can I use it for online banking? Or is it permanently compromised (until I reformat)?
3. Is it prudent to reformat?
4. In the process of cleaning, I tried a system restore at one point, though it was blocked from working. Iíve read that the trojan can be backed-up by system restore. Should I turn off system restore, thereby deleting all saved versions to ensure the Trojan isnít saved, and then turn it back on again?
5. The original operating system is on my E: drive, I believe portioned away from the rest. Could that have been infected?