Vista+Bart PE+Sala's Password Renew Problem
I work for a small computer repair shop. I've got a laptop in here now that is a HP Pavillion Entertainment PC dv9000. The original problem with it was that it would not power on, we got it fixed. Then we had to call the customer for the passwords. He doesn't know them. Says he gave it to his grandkid awhile back ago. The kid gives us two passwords. Neither of them worked. The kid says that it has been awhile since he has used it and can't remember for sure what they might be. But he wants the data on the laptop saved. So we can't reinstall Windows Vista on top of it. It's been a long while since I tried cracking a password or even using any programs that might change the existing account information. Didn't there used to be a Linux cd that you could use to change the password on a 2000 or xp machine, what was that called? Anyways, so I start lookin around and I find that my best option so far as I can tell since all I want to do is create a new admin account, not crack any of the existing, is to use Bart PE with Sala's Password Renew on it. So I make the boot cd with Sala on it and now when I try to boot I get this error message:
si3112r.sys could not be found. Press any key to restart.
So I google and find that si3112r is a SATA RAID driver. Strange since I don't have a SATA drive in there. But I see that some others have run into the same problem. So I looked and looked but really couldn't find a way to remedy this. I did for winPE but I want to use Bart PE on this. So here I am looking to you guys for any suggestions. I had to google the specs for this hard drive so here they are:
17” WXGA+ (1440 x 900) Brightview standard. Optional(2) WXGA+ Ultra Brightview or WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050) Brightview display.
• Available with Mobile AMD Turion™ 64 X2 dual-core processor(4,5,6)
• NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600 discrete graphics with 256MB dedicated DDR2 VRAM.
• 5-in-1 digital media card reader(11)
• Four USB 2.0 ports
• ExpressCard 54 slot
• Integrated wireless support(6) for 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN and Bluetooth™ technologies on select models
• Dual hard disk drive option with combined capacity up to 240GB(7)
• 8-cell Li-Ion battery
• Powerful but portable: weight starting as low as 7.8 lbs and as thin as 1.00-inch
• Integrated Altec Lansing stereo speakers
• Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2 or Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2. Optional(2) configuration with Microsoft’s® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005.
• Dual stereo headphone jacks – one with high-definition audio support (S/PDIF capable)
• Optional(2) HP webcam with integrated dual stereo microphones.
It has Windows Vista Home Premium on it also.