Thread: keylogger/trojan for linux?

keylogger/trojan for linux?

hey are there any known keyloggers and trojans for linux systems(any flavour)???
    well i haven't heard any for linux till now!!

Question

looks like no one has heard of them!!!!!!!!!

Lightbulb

Try out neworder.box.sk or linux.box.sk or even anticode.com

I'm sure they are out there, not many people on this forum would use something like that. They may have some experience getting rid of em.

yeah certainly people in this forum haven't used anything of the kind.
    and after searching for it in last few days, i haven't found anything really good.Read a lot about this trojan 'BJ.C' but then nothing like a code for it.

Conclusion : linux is definitely more secure than win.

I wouldn't bother with a linux trojan.

Uhm, actually, there are no keyloggers that I have heard of, since information is transfer over dynamic sockets, there would have to be a daemon ready on every socket.
    If you were to "infect" a console, you would actually need to trap a system device, which would require root, or would require you to exploit an old kernel module laoding vulnerability to place the logger.

Second, with trojans, heck ya, there are a lot of trojans. I wrote one myself back in my foolish days of thinking I was a "hacker". For example, the one I wrote was a passwd trojan. Once obtaining root access, I replaced the GNU based /usr/bin/passwd with my trojan. What it did was before the program crypt()'d the plaintext passwd, it stored it in a world readable file in /tmp. So, I would know what everyone's passwords were as they changed them, even roots.
    Another trojan I wrote was a replacement for /bin/login. With staticly compiled login name, the trojaned /bin/login program would bypass logging me in, and spawn a rootshell to me. My procs wouldn't show up in ps, or my presence would not be known to utmp and wtmp..
    So, to answer your question, yes, there are trojans available, just not the trojans that are commonly thought of to be available for Windows based machines.
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network