Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICQ 2000b Help needed

ICQ 2000b Help needed

Hi guys. I'm using ICQ 2000b and I configured it so that users will need my authorisation in order to add me to their contact list. However, someone whom I don't know added me to his/her ICQ list lately. How could he/she had done this? What can I do to somehow remove me from his/her contact list? Help needed. Thank you

Xiao Bian

I'm afraid there isn't much you can do. I would suggest adding them to your Invisible list, so that you always look offline to them, and to your ignore list so that you never get their messages, if they're really bugging you.

As for adding you without your auth, can't do much about that either, it's just that ICQ works in such a way that it is easy to get around authorization-requirements.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Re: ICQ 2000b Help needed

Originally posted by xiao_bian
    Hi guys. I'm using ICQ 2000b and I configured it so that users will need my authorisation in order to add me to their contact list. However, someone whom I don't know added me to his/her ICQ list lately. How could he/she had done this? What can I do to somehow remove me from his/her contact list? Help needed. Thank you

Xiao Bian

There is no crack availabe for ICQ 2000b request authantiation , so no one can add u without ur authourization,

Most probably one can send msg. to a user with his/her request she/he may have just messaged u , so the name is being showed to u or it may b a pager msg.

onething for sure u cann't auth. to ur list with authorizing request if its enable.

try mine 57071565

You can get a script kidde prog that will add users without their authorisation. I've often seen the progs but never thought they'd be of use to anyone but there you go...Don't believe me? Search google with the terms "icq hacker flood" or something similar...

Question

Originally posted by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    You can get a script kidde prog that will add users without their authorisation. I've often seen the progs but never thought they'd be of use to anyone but there you go...Don't believe me? Search google with the terms "icq hacker flood" or something similar...
    There is no such program that work with ICQ 2000b

I just added you to my 2000b version! Have a nice day!
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted by Terr
    I just added you to my 2000b version! Have a nice day!

well u have added me but now u cann't msg me, im online right now u can check that by adding me from another ICQ number

he

he probably heas that crack for icq nothing big deal but sometime its stupid when someone do it like that

______ ______ ______ ______

I Am D3stR0y3r

______ ______ ______ ______

He probably had a crack that allows him to do that. I ran it at one time. In fact, I probably still have it somewhere.....
    Anyway, there's not much you can do about it except to add him to your invisible list. You will still be on his contact list, but you will always look offline to him. If he ever sends you a message again, you can add him to your ignore list, so you won't have to put up with him. Once again, you will still be on his contact list, but he will always see you as offline, and he will never be able to reach you.

Arrow

The "Authorization request" is purely something written into the software (the ICQ servers don't require that the authorization requests be adhered to). There were cracks to do this on older versions and if there aren't for the current version, there could be.

The other possibility is that if you have another program that can emulate the real ICQ program (like LICQ for Linux), by default some just never request authorization. No matter what you will be added to their list.

So basically, don't count on the contact list to prevent people from talking to you. Like was said on the first post, just add them to your invisible or ignore lists.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase