Thread: Anyone Using XP?

Anyone Using XP?

I was just wondering if anyone is using XP and has seen some of the new networking protocols and procedures (built in firewall that can seriously hurt you on a LAN) that it uses as well as its hot-swapable IDE devices. I have been running it for about a week now (Windows XP Corporate) and have had no trouble with it (cept for that damn firewall) and am extremely impressed with how much better it is than Windows 2000 ever was.
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.

Oops

Forgot to include this but the firewall can be turned off easily but is still a pain in the ass cause it comes pre-set when you install. A few other features on the networking side is Remote Access which allows you to send a Remote Access request to another person on your network which in turn gives them full access to you computer to fix and diagnose problems (this feature is also easily disabled) as well as a feature that gives you hot swapable network cables. The only problem with Remote Access is that it will probably be easily exploitable (maybe already is). As far as software goes I have had no hang-ups with software asking me to restart. Microsoft finally gave people the features of NT and 2000 in a home environment.
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.