View Poll Results: Will Microsoft retire the Win2000 Track of MCSE and replace it with a XP version

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 37.50%
  • No

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC or PC? (poll)

Question MAC or PC? (poll)

Which do you prefer? MAC or PC?

Post PC

I'd go for PC just because of the compatability issue.
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Post PC

I'd go for PC just because of the compatability issue.
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

To put it simply...

Bah. Mac. Mac Proprietary. Mac use Mac OS, Mac use Mac hardware, Mac use Mac software. Baaad.

PC use Many OS. Many PC hardware.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

To put it simply...

Bah. Mac. Mac Proprietary. Mac use Mac OS, Mac use Mac hardware, Mac use Mac software. Baaad.

I just like the fact I can right click on a PC.

Without a doubt - gotta be a mac ...

Originally posted by Terr
    To put it simply...

Umm, the only OS's that don't work on Macs are Windows and OS/2. That isn't a problem for me. I mean, there are many distros of LinuxPPC, I am pretty sure that all of the BSD can work on PPC, there is Darwin (granted it is Apple made, but it is open source), BeOS works on older Macs.

Originally posted by Craisins
    I just like the fact I can right click on a PC.
    Obviously I must be crazy, for some reason the mouse connected to my Mac has four buttons, and even stranger, they all work. Oh my god! Um, I don't know about you, but I never use the mouse that came with my computer. I shopped around for a nice mouse to go with my PC and spent over 80 bucks so that I could have everything I wanted in it. Then when I bought my Mac, I went out and bought a mouse that had everything that I wanted in it.

I will take anything that I can install *nix on. That is the great equalizor. Why have a machine with a ton of horse power and stick with Windows or MacOS?

Compatibility, compatibility? what kind of compatibility are we talking about here, PC compatibility, are we speaking hardware or software? If I put Linux on a PC I have compatibility issues with Windows machines on PCs. If I put Linux on a Mac I have problems with compatibility with a Mac running MacOS.
    Between MacOS and Windows, the only compatability issue is with software.

I hope Macintosh sticks around for a long time, just so it can be a thorn in Microsoft's side. (Funnily enough, Microsoft's Mac departent makes really good programs, often better than the counterparts for Windows, funny that.)

Just shut up and be happy you have a computer, you can turn it on, and it does what you want it to.

Dhej

Overall, PC's just rule over Mac's.....I mean the marjority of the computing world uses PC's.....And it's my prediction that it's always gonna stay that way........

Umm, the only OS's that don't work on Macs are Windows and OS/2. That isn't a problem for me. I mean, there are many distros of LinuxPPC, I am pretty sure that all of the BSD can work on PPC, there is Darwin (granted it is Apple made, but it is open source), BeOS works on older Macs.
    Well, TECHNICALLY, LinuxDistroHere for mac and LinuxDistroHere for PC are different OSes, because they are written differently for different processors.

Let's see PetrOS work on a Mac... Let's see a UMSDOS-based Linux distro work on a Mac... and how about DOS?

You know, this shouldn't be Windows Vs Macs, but Intel's Vs Macs...

Go Intel+clones!