View Poll Results: Will Microsoft retire the Win2000 Track of MCSE and replace it with a XP version

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 37.50%
  • No

5 62.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MAC or PC? (poll)

Originally posted by Kezil
    Is it possible to cannabilize parts of a Mac into a PC? If so, can you still make it work well?
    It isn't likely, and it probably wouldn't be that much fun. The most you could probably get from the Mac is an ethernet card, maybe a modem, probably a little bit of RAM. And that is only if it is a newer Mac that uses PCI slots, if it is an old Mac that uses NuBus you might as well forget it(To prevent confusion, because I didn't word that right, I am not talking about RAM in this sentence).

I am not sure, but I don't even think that you could ripout a GeForce2 or GeForce3 from a mac and stick it in a PC, because of some firmware issues.

Basically, you would be best either buying the stuff, or just giving up.

dhej

you look at a PC the wrong way and it'll crash..
    I dont know about that...

You can look at my pc funny, or kick it if you want, it wont crash.
    In my opinion the reason alot of winbloz boxes have stability problems is
    simply because it is too easy to set up a windows box, hence allowing those
    who dont know what the hell they are doing to put systems together.

I dont know if you guys have had the same experience, but how many times
    I've seen the core voltage set wrong, or the ram timing wrong.
    Or the type of ram wrong for that matter! Goddamn 72pin ram...

Not that i think windows is the most stable os out there...
    That'd be crazy talk, but that has nothing to do with hardware.
    Remember were talking pc vs mac, not mac os vs windows.

On an un-related note, do mac's still use scsi floppy drives, or is that a thing of the past?
    -8trak
    F0 0F C7 C8

Originally posted by 8trak
    On an un-related note, do mac's still use scsi floppy drives, or is that a thing of the past?
    I think that describes exactly why most people have problems with Macs, they have no clue what the current Mac consists of.

Macs are all IDE now, they have AGP slots, and they no longer use NuBus instead they have PCI.

Not only that, but Macs don't come factory with Floppies, so the idea of it having a SCSI Floppy is REALLY out of date.

You can't compare a Mac LCII to an P4, well you can but it wouldn't make much sense too.

Sorry 8trak for picking on you, but I needed an example.

bah,
    dhej

very interesting..more MACers then I thought there would be...

o yes, as for my vote... PC all the way!

Macs are cool, they just donĀ“t appeal because of the price tag.

Cool

Macs own PCs. Atleast PCs running WinBlowZ. Mac OS = 100% Stabler, More Powerful, Easier to Use (For some reason PC users have a infatuation with doing things the hard way), and it just looks a hell of a lot better
    First of all I dont think it is more stable than the new XP, or my copy of Windows 98SE, which has never crashed. Second of all you are the first person to say that people using windows are doing things the hard way, usually people say this about Linux. As for looks, that is all about personal preference. I like the way that Mandrake Linux 8.0 with KDE looks the best. As for macs they have good parts(powerful graphical editing), and bad parts(cost). Until a mac has a lot of readily available cheap hardware, and all of the software applications that I need and want, it will never replace the pc in my house.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

If I was a skilled graphics/video person, I would go with a Mac without a doubt...

But I'm not.... so I'll go with PC... I like my PC.. I like almost all PCs.. such customization ability.....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Originally posted by ThePreacher

First of all I dont think it is more stable than the new XP, or my copy of Windows 98SE, which has never crashed.
    What do you know about stable? the Mac is by far more stable then Wintel is. Even XP is no match against NT 5

Originally posted by Focmaester

What do you know about stable? the Mac is by far more stable then Wintel is. Even XP is no match against NT 5
    This is what I know about stable. Windows 98se has never crashed on me. I have had my computer on for 53 days straight without having to turn it off. The only reason I turned it off was to install new software (mandrake linux 8.0). Its been 2 weeks since then, and i still have had no problems. I have no clue how stable Mac OS is, but I would say that my box is pretty stable.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19