Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick question

Question quick question

i have a question. whats currently the best computer and software out on the market?
    Of all the things I\'ve lost
    I miss my mind the most
    -Ozzy

Banned
    The best computer around nowadays would be the IBM ASCI White, SP Power3 375 MHz 7226.

More info on prices and specifications: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore USA.

There's a 10% off right now, so go and get it! No shipping costs!
    And I bet they'll even supply you with some free software for that thing.

Cool wow.. that was fast!

thanks!!!

lol those jus look really cool!
    I miss my mind the most
    -Ozzy

Question wow... 2 basket ball courts?!?!?

do you know of anything alil smaller and alil cheaper?
    I miss my mind the most
    -Ozzy

Re: quick question

Originally posted by Obliterate
    i have a question. whats currently the best computer and software out on the market?
    Rule number one: There is NOT a "best" of anything in real life.
    Rule number two: Your question is not detailed enough, so it cannot be answered.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I live by this... "A computer is only as powerful as the user who is using it". If you're a dumbass, it doesn't matter what computer you use, you'll still be a dumbass and it will perform dumbass operations. If you're intelligent, then your computer will be a useful tool no matter what speed or performance it has.

So.. get a clue, and your computer will work for you..
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network

Exclamation ack!

the reason im looking for the best comp is because the one i have now is a pos! its the iMac ripoff the iPac it doesnt have a d drive, cd rom, or much else for that matter. so im in the market for a new one... or a used/refurbished one. but before i can really get one i need to know what operating program has the least weaknesses. what software would be the best for a wannabe hacker like me (hey im honest) and what defences would be the best to keep me from getting hacked. if no one will help me... then im basicly screwed.
    I miss my mind the most
    -Ozzy

quick question

I have to agree with Jason on this one, the computer is only as good as the person using. As an example - you say your IPAQ doesn't have a D: drive, have you done any research on this? I think not because if you had you'd know that a user can partition a drive any way he likes (well, sort of, linux can have up to 63 partitions on an ide disk i think) - check out partition magic for "on the fly" partitioning.
    This kind of question is inevitably going to get flamed for the simple reason it shows you haven't done any thinking for yourself, take the time to think about your questions before posting. Asking "whats the best hacker software" defies common sense imho, in fact - hacker software isn't really a legitimate term, its really all down to knowledge/interest/dedication.

Ask yourself this question, did Vint Cerf et al spend all that time working on a single protocol to allow all computers to communicate so you could come along with some bit of software you don't really understand and trash somebodys pc on the other side of the world?

ok

ok cool thanks!
    I miss my mind the most
    -Ozzy

Hmmmmm Nice supercomputers I might have to buy me one of them Although I would probably just play games like doom on it