Just like to get peoples opinions on this one:

Ive been looking a lot a different forums and i see very often
people calling people script kiddies.I was just wondering where ye would consider the line is drawn between someone who is and is not a script kiddie?

Hear are a few possibilities of what could be considered a script kiddie :

1. A person who considers himself a hacker but doesnt have a clue about programming,linux and his greatest feat to date was to get BO2k to work against his friend.

2. A person who calls himself a hacker,has advanced beyond trojans installed linux but still uses other peoples exploits,scanners,log cleaners etc.

3. A person who calls himself a hacker,knows relatively a good bit of programming and can understand how 50% of the programs he uses work but is still nowhere near being able to write an exploit for a newly released vulnerability.

4. A person who calls himself a hacker,can program in many languages and has a deep understanding of vulnerabilities and can code his own exploits.

These are only some suggestions.Please feel free to add points to this list.

Is point 4 the only person who isnt a script kiddie?
If so I would suggest , but maybe im understimating you that maybe 90% of people who read this are script kiddies.

maybe not?

Im going to the pub now for a Guinness ill be interested to hear from you all on this one

p.s. no offence is intended in this post just curiosity