Thread: Agnitum OutPost Personal Firewall

Banned

Post Agnitum OutPost Personal Firewall

For those looking for a Windows Personal Firewall: I've messed around a little with Agnitums OutPost Personal Firewall.
    Open Architecture!!! Advertisement Blocking (Hey JP, what adds are there on AO? Can't see any of them!), Content Filtering, E-mail Guard and Privacy Control. It's only a beta, but it already convinced me...
    Here's a little comparison between OutPost and some other Personal Firewalls.

IM gona check this one out. Get back to ya with results later.

Outpost is the next generation of protection. It doesn't play well with other firewall programs, but it's easy to configure interface has me convinced that for a "beta" product it's pretty nice.

I especially liked the spyware monitor. Im still testing it, but so far it is a keeper!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

Hey, thanks Negative.

That looks like quite a nifty little program. I think I'm gonna give it a whack this weekend to see what it's like. I have found that ZA has issues with DHCP (as in it thinks it's an attack for me to attempt to get a DHCP address... go figure).

If I can customize it and play with inbound and outbound this will add a lot more flexibility.

I tried a big chunk of those on the list, Agnitums OutPost Personal Firewall is my favorite. So many things that you can configure in this one, it's like getting a new toy I just wish that had a better systray icon, the old question mark in a circle is kind of strange no? May be a bit overwhelming to those that have never used any personal firewalls before, so be warned