Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New "hacker" linux distro

Neat

Personally I don’t think there is much need for a “Linux for hacker.” But, it could be useful so I will not condemn it, In fact I’d like to have it in my library or time-capsule if you will.

it is semi-official

its kinda official i have began working on plans for DSL :
    darq's secure linux, its loosely based on debian, with the encypted FS, etc, etc, I have recieved a few replies about helping me which i am sure ill be taking the offer up on, ...
    and if anyone can think of a clever way to insure file integrity lemme know cause md5 could get cumbersome

peace

Misconfiguration

How did we misconfigure?

For instance we reversed all resmodes for X...

640x480 became 480x640

"I'd spot that EASY" you might say, but when the ENTIRE FILE is built in a simmilar manner it looks right.
    you need to be pretty good at confing X to spot it right away.

All the while we used eachother as testers. ie I would get a mail with the subject "What's wrong with this?" and a short text explaining what it was with an attached file containing errorous configurations.
    If I could not find ALL errors within 2-3 hours of reciveing the mail the file would "pass" the test.

We mostly used automation scripts (python) to **** things up.

*lol*
    It probably was a lot fun to MAKE the "distro" than it would be to make it all work again.
    -
    DigitalDemon

y00 n33dz t4 b3 l33t t4 h4v3 n|c3 ph33t!

Off topic

DigitalD...
    Curious...
    I know what it says...
    But...
    WTF?
    enlighten me!

Python?

DigitalDemon

What exactly did the Python scripts do? Were they automatic? I dont know much about Pyton, only opinions about it... Are there any other resources like your "Wacky Distro" out there?

Thanx

Post The python in it all

The scripts would search for phrases or words in textfiles (.conf etc) and replace them according to certain rules. Nothing big.

The reason we used python was because of it's ease of use for this sort of scripting behaviour.
    -
    DigitalDemon