Thread: Hacking is not cracking...

Angry Hacking is not cracking...

I would like help in hacking into my Windows 98 Se box...I have an assembler (NASM) and would like to know a good freeware dissasembler. I frequently go to "Sudden Discharge" and "The Strange World of Tapu" to find tools but would like someones advice. I wanna learn to hack to do bug tracking and fixing...I am not a cracker and do not plan on malicious hacking. Any help would be appreciated...any real hackers and admins reading this should take a look at the picture on my profile...you will then know my favorite os...thanks for the help

I dont know anything about dissasemblers, but I can help with vulnd. Check out http://www.securityfocus.com or www.insecure.com Enjoy

Like RogueSpy said i don't know anything about disassemblers either but if you need them try to go to TLSecurity they also have some great downloads too.

Check out the Downloads section on AO too. . . there might be somehting there.

if u want to do some bug tracking i think its better to get a debugger (the word says it all) then a disassembler, soft ice was the best around when i was into it, maybe it still is...

but its a tough cookie to chew, so be prepared to spend a lot of time with it

for my limited experience with disassemblers, windasm did everything i needed it to do, so it might be a good choice for starting out (combined with hiew for hex editing)

btw, last time i checked "sudden discharge" was a goner...