Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Micro$oft

Angry winxp

Ok I work at tech support for about 100+ ISP's.
    All I get when it comes to winxp is problems. This has to be absolutely the worst OS Microsoft ever came out with. Speaking from personal experience, the difference between the home version and the professional version is so much that you can barely troubleshoot between the two, due to the fact that the home version has a few options set in different places. I'm tired of everyone thinking windows xp is the best....learn how to use an OS and get something that works!
    If you don\'t tell me what I want to know, in 5 minutes I\'ll be the only person left standing at this table...5 minutes after that, I\'ll be the only person left standing in this room.

``#@{&*^%^$$#@ ``:><?><, Win2k and alll windows I knew
    are realy **** !!!! ``#@{&*^%^$$#@ ``:><?><,ALL are smellin' . BUT, ``#@{&*^%^$$#@ ``:><?><,WINDOWS XP
    i think it'll the best . ``#@{&*^%^$$#@ ``:><?><, windows everyboby know it's very straight end shited, ``#@{&*^%^$$#@ ``:><?><, on the diffence, ``#@{&*^%^$$#@ ``:><?><, but windows xp.... ME LIKEY !!!

::'' transmitted a particularly unstructured piece of code.

:: "He Doesn't like Win 95/NT/98/200.'' decoded his coroutine.

:: "I don't like them either. I am queued for deletion on 12 systems.''
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

Re: winxp

Originally posted by Kain
    Ok I work at tech support for about 100+ ISP's.
    All I get when it comes to winxp is problems. This has to be absolutely the worst OS Microsoft ever came out with.
    You said you work at a Tech Support position for 100+ ISP's right? Not that your statement itself makes much sense, but I would think that when you provide tech help to someone is because something came up wrong, right? I mean, it would be dumb sor someone to call you and tell you. " OMG WinXP is the BEST! ok.. bye bye :: click:: "
    Anyways, I think that XP is pretty much a good OS, and I think its time that everyone that is so much against XP and Microsoft itself would give it some lever of recognition.
    Okay, thats my 2 cents worth.
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

I hate to start arguing the issue again, but MoneySoft makes it too hard to resist. I do not like XP.

If someone pointed a gun at my head and said "get XP or die", I would calmly reply "OH ****!!! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!! I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU SAY!!!" I would then go to the store, purchase XP Pro because it doesnt require product registration("thats right activation is registration boys and girls and micro$oft can track everything that you do once you activate" said the paranoid rabbit). I would find that my ISA bus modem, that is needed to use for linux, is useless and now must be replaced with a PERFORMANCE ENHANCING Winmodem. I hop over and try to use some of the java applications that I wrote and whoops--XP doesnt have support for java. Oh well. I try to use linux after words and whoops--XP deleted the dual boot loader. I try to access my scanner and whoops--the driver for my scanner doesnt work and the company is out of business. Guess Im SOoL(**** out of luck). At least its more stable than Windows 98. Gee that was worth $299. Id like it if someone would run a copy of ad-aware on a freshly installed Windows XP that no changes have been made to. How much spyware does microsoft install default.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Cool

Wasn't this thread originally about micrsoft smelling bad?
    I had my hopes all up, my bad pun loaded and at the ready too...
    ah well

Oh, and there are a skadillion cracks out there for XP, as well as regedits and other little backdoors to get around MS's gestapo garbagio
    -Grim

XP is by far the best o/s that microsoft has built. um... it works great... never crashes, most stable yet... no linux.... but better then the earlier versions of windows. as for the registration.... REGISTRATION IS OPTIONAL.... the only thing you lose is tech support and who needs that? all you need is the install key for it to work. and bootlegging is possible... it can be burned and DOES NOT force you to register after 30 days, bootleg or not. this i know for fact.... i know many people bootlegging it.

if windows does not remove their registry files... therefore, windows will still sucks! (i hope you know what registry is!?!). logically windows xp still sucks!
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

yes i know what the registry is.... but i hate to tell you.... it doesn't suck. it's not the best.... but it gets the job done when i am not using linux ( i hope you know what linux is ). and it gets the job done with out crashing and with out screwing up major important parts of my pc. therefore it's better then before, and therefore it could be worse

I dont know why Xp is getting such a hard time, out of the box (well, virtual box anyway )it works well and install didnt cause me any aggro.

Everyone knows ME is the worst M$ OS ever

IPSO 3.3FCS-3 is the OS of choice.

Fat women are like mopeds. They're fun to ride until your best friend sees you on one

I dont know why Xp is getting such a hard time, out of the box (well, virtual box anyway )it works well and install didnt cause me any aggro.
    XP is not my problem, it is microsoft. I purchased a copy of mandrake linux 8.1, it had ftp server software, smtp server software, dns server software, http server software, an office suite for word processing, three web browsers, cd burning software, firewall software, two different desktop environments, support for almost all of my peripherals, a good selection of games, mp3 playing software, graphics editing software, development areas for programming, and the best part is that it cost $20.00 U.S. dollars. Since it includes so much server software, the only package windows has that comes close is Windows 2000 server. Expect to spend $500 on this product. Or if you want a microsoft product in the same price range, you could probably purchase Windows 3.1 for the same price.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19