Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Micro$oft

And it gets even better now that M$ has started their new "rent a license" policy. I was at a seminar last night and I couldnĀ“t believe my eyes when they informed about this new thing with straight faces!
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Senior since the 3 dot era

I'am happy with my Win2k box but still use Win98, Win95, Win NT4, and Linux on other boxes. They all perform fine except the bleu screens who appear from time to time

Shouldn't schools, colleges, universities,... get a copy of a Linux OS so people learn to use a real OS and see what comes behind the grfx.

Some1 said that Win98 was his best OS cause it's does nearly anything. I Disagree -> make your OS doing what you want.

Yea, why don't any schools teach any real computer skills??? All the people in the field just have to learn it for themselves? How dumb, it sounds like a communistic idea doesn't it, schools not allowing certain knowledge to be attained, alot of it isn't even illegal.
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

some public high schools and all colleges have unix labs. in college, all c programming is taught on a unix sun system. many high schools don't have the money to have two labs and as sad as it is *most people are not going to be programmers, and the business world lives by microsoft* so why teach something only 20% of the class needs? this is why many states don't have it, but i know in PA (where i live) there are many high schools with unix labs. ( at least 50%)

windows or windows is still windows!
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Jeez, I'm just trying to bitch about the school system, you don't gotta ruin it fer me.
    OH WHY WONT YOU JUST LET ME BITCH!!?!?!
    WOWAYS MEEEE!!
    hehe, just kidding in case you didn't catch the sarcasm
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Originally posted by lord_darkside_x
    some public high schools and all colleges have unix labs. in college, all c programming is taught on a unix sun system. many high schools don't have the money to have two labs and as sad as it is *most people are not going to be programmers, and the business world lives by microsoft* so why teach something only 20% of the class needs? this is why many states don't have it, but i know in PA (where i live) there are many high schools with unix labs. ( at least 50%)
    Maybe you are right, I was just enthousiast. You have made some good points.

But why does M$ is considered among the masse's to be the only OS for pc? If schools let their students 'meet' Linux, it had more addepts.

At my place mostly universities use unix and linux (mine does) intense. Not high schools or basic schools

Originally posted by lord_darkside_x
    Let me tell you how lucky you were to go to such a nice high school. I am not in school anymore and I am glad because here in Kansas City, due to the fact that the schools had a very tight budget they decided that since most of our books were outdated and torn apart, they would eliminate school books all together on the middle school level. Instead they would make xerox copies of lessons for students. As fo computers there was a very outdated lab running Windows 3.1 good for only typing. A unix lab would have been unheard of due to budget restraints and the fact that they would have to pay someone who understood unix to teach the class and maintain the lab. Im sure that in the rich neighboring suburban cities there are unix labs, but ive never been there.

btw I hope my resentment isnt too apparent, and as a side note I am not against people who live in the suburbs, I just feel that those of us who live in the city should recieve an equal education.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19