Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro$oft

Unhappy

Oh djeez

Is XP really the best? Enlighten me ppl, because I was under the impression that XP was the worst MS OS ever. Did I understand the **** with registration right? Is it really true XP sends info about usage etc to MS? Enlighten me!

I think I found the smell

Grtz,

As I read my last reply I realized that I sound like I am supporting what phantom2k was saying. Just for the record I do not. I was only trying to translate his babble.

As far as Win XP I am not sure I like the new registration rules. If it works anything like Offixe XP we will only be required to give non personal information, but who is to say the code isn't getting other information from the registry and passing it to MS. An OS that monitors what hardware upgrade I perform. I am not sold no matter how well the OS operates.

Banned
    Love it or hate it, but Windows 95's Registration Wizard already checked your pc for about 150 software titles and sent the list to Redmond. I started a new thread to ad(d) your own...

Nearly everyone I have talked to about winXP said the same thing.
    Its great, and never crashes.

This reminds me of when win2K came out, everyone said the same thing about it.
    Then 4 months later, thier win2k systems started crashing all the time.

Hmm, I wonder how long XP will last.

I have on disk win95,95osr-2,win98,98se Im smelling now........
    I smell dinner for the kicthen.

T3h Ch3F

Cool This one is for Ennis

Ennis said "I run Linux, Im a Hacker" LOL
    No smart hacker admits to being one, get over it!

About windows XP, Its all in the Socks baby! A perfect tool for exploiting if you ask me. Ppl running it will never know the extent of how insecure they can really be. GRC.com read and learn.

Galdron Remembers the Onion Router
    The Onion Router is No Longer
    Gov't Servers are full of Holes LOL
    Long live Crypto!!!!

Yeah, most don't admit to it, but most of them also have 10 computers in their living room running every possible OS out there too

T3h Ch3F

Smile

Good point knight, My question is, Why does Microsoft constantly rush to put out Products that they Damn well know are full of possible Exploits? When They were approached regarding the possible "negative" uses for Winxp, they simply denied the fact that they were

1. Setting up users with a system that is extrmely vulnerable
    (I do appreciate that heheh)

2. Rushing it onto the market because the needed a product that users wanted in response to the disaster of WinMe. Win 98 is as far as I have gone,as the rest are crap. I will get XP though.

hmmm Makes me wonder.

Talking

Originally posted by Evil Homer
    I think that the little thing at the top of his post explains it all, hes confused, he has no idea what hes trying to say - this is just what happens when you use spraypaint in small enclosed area, read your warning lables people before you too lose the ability to construct a coherent sentence!

ROCK ON EVIL HOMER
    Life is like a **** sandwich,
    The more bread u have the less **** u have to eat

Talking

HELLO!

Just thought I would add that Microsoft trying to gather user info is not any thing new even the chipsets on intel motherboards are sending user data every time u access the interne, and the only way to stop them is to download a patch from the microsoft web site. Also from what I can tell Winxp is goin to have verry few security fetures that will really pose a chalange to a serious hacker. By the way quick survey what is everyones favorite OS? Mine is Win98.