Thread: To all the newbies!

Banned

Post To all the newbies!

Hey, first of all let me say that I am no expert at all.
    But one thing that can make things easyer to learn more about network security and about the different kinds of operating systems are to run your own network with multiple operating systems on it. Now that can get alittle expensive because computers arent really cheep, and u have to buy equipment like hubs and ethernet wires etc.

Well most of you newbies dont have all that, i suggest you learn more about networking with a program called VMWare ( http://www.vmware.com )
    You can run multiple computers on one machine(with enough resources)

Lets say you are trying to find a way into a certain linux operating system, well if you run windows you can actualy put a virtual machine of this version of linux on that windows box and run it, learn more about it and hack into it from your windows box if thats what you prefer.

This is just a nice legal way to learn more about network security and hacking.

Id like to hear some feedback so e-mail me or post a replay!

Giovanni
    Yes...lets all stay in on a Saturday night and try hack our very own virtual box.

yay

fool.

Giovanni, if you've got nothing useful to post - don't bother.

Banned
    giovanni, I am putting out info to newbies that dont know much and need somewhere to start. Im sorry that everyone cant be like you and hack every system from the getgo, and trust me i spend my saturday nights wisely wich is also why i just stepped in.
    Anyway, i hope to hear more positive replys.

Red face the dome perfect...........

how do u work out that the dome is a perfect form ...???
    i always thought it was the sphere....u obviously havent visited our DOME in london uk ......a total washout!!

ne way ur idea using another comp on the network to lern to hack,would be fine if i could get my hands on the same version of linux as the one i was trying to hack.............does this meen i gotta go buy a new operating system every time i gotta go hack someone different???

hmmmm.....

dusty

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'nuff fear
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banned
    dustydouglas,
    i guess dome isnt the perfect form, hehe

ne way, back to your question, well any version of linux is FREE to download on the net, might take you a little bit, but its free....
    i have about 5 diff versions of linux that i downloaded and burned onto CDs,
    I mean you basically have to learn alot about that operating system before hacking it, if you just try to hack as you go along your chances of getting caught are much bigger, they see more activity on the network from one user trying to access this port and this port and look at that file and this file, if u know where your going it just looks like your doing normal work. Most people acuatly look at the OS's source code to figure out some things and then browse around it, well if u dont understand C too well then just browse the OS, find it where it keeps its password file, even though most smart sysadmins will place it somewhere else...
    read up on exploits and try them on YOUR system to see how well they work.
    then when you got everything you need worked out go for your target.

just alittle word of advice.

WMWare ...... good start but what is next
    just kidin' doom i agree with you and that kind of software is ok for learning, not hard but effective

dusty.... is it so hard to get a new version of linux?

Computer Forensics
    heh, Nice to see you again Giovanni. I do believe you have some competition this time though. Negative VS. Giovanni.

I'm sure those that were around in the old forum will recognize the truth of your being Giovanni errr I mean HANNS.
    Anyway, nice to see you again.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust