Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tutorial: Subnet Masks

Great info, guys.
    I am very glad to see technical discussion going on around here (along with people explaining these things so others can learn, instead of bashing those who are not @s into this @s some of us).

Custom subnetting can be very effective for:
    - creating smaller collision domains
    - increasing security (smaller broadcast domains)
    - organization, optimization, and to some extent, more efficient use of your network (though some ip addresses are lost, as the HOST portion of each subnet is a -2 to the total addressable valid ip addresses (because all 1's and all 0's may not be used).

I would be very glad to contribute and discuss deeper networking concepts if others would be willing to get involved also.

(what about cisco ccna, net+, a+, mcse training / related discussion here @ antionline?)

OverandOut.
    comJo
    OverandOut.
    ~comJo

---....Loading: 1x 2x 3x

Training would be great!

(what about cisco ccna, net+, a+, mcse training / related discussion here @ antionline?) -comJo
    That would be great! If you really want to get into networking dont forget to add Network + to the training list! I just finished the book with 10 other techs and it is very good. I still have the book so that may be of some help!

Alive to Learn,

Good Stuff. Terr you should write more tutorials!

Thumbs up

MY MAN TERR IS WICKED SMART.......YOUR REALLY A LOT OF HELP TERR THANKS FOR EVERYTHING..
    BLAYDE