Thread: I found them!!!!

I found them!!!!

So that's where the guests go! To the public News Groups section...eeek...has anyone lurked over there lately?? It's like a whole different planet over there

um, what are you talking about tripsone? you mean people who don't have sn's?

-havanger

Smile hey havanger

no...people who haven't registered...they have screen names...just they are under the guest account for some reason or another...how's it going havenger???

it's going pretty good. now, this might seem very stupid and/or ignorant, how can you tell that you've been registered. ok, stop laughing, stop. just kidding, but really, how can you tell?

in other words, how can i tell if i'm registered?

-havanger

hey there havenger

if under your name it says anything other than Guest...than you must be registered...I don't know I could be wrong...if anyone knows different please let us know...

Arrow

You can tell if you are registered if you are a "Member", "Junior Member", or "Senior Member". If you aren't registered, you will be a "Guest".
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

Banned
    Its true in the sub forums [those with alt. before them] few people are registered.
    Its not the same kind of talk either.

Arrow

The "subgroups" without many registered users are public newsgroups. They aren't Antionline-specific but rather people from all over the world talk in the big messageboard. If you want to connect to your local newgroup server, start up Outlook or Outlook Express (or *nix equivalent) and set the news server to "news.<your isp>" so if your email address is "me@myisp.com", set the news server as "news.myisp.com". Then you subscribe to channels - that is all the alt, comp, etc. stuff. There are lots of channels and discussions on newsgroups on just about any kind of topic you could imagine.

Anyway, Antionline has just made a way to tap into these newsgroup servers to give members here a way to read and talk on the computer security-related channels. That is why there are all the "Guests" in there - because it is primarily made up of people who post to the groups with their own newsgroup software.

Now you know about newsgroups (probably more than you really wanted to know)
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase