Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spyware

A good thread Negative.

spyware is not just found on inet browsing, some applications have it inside themselves, often described as an auto-update feature. Thought I would warn everyone about that.

Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Banned

ad-aware

I personally use Ad-Aware to detect and delete spyware on my computer and it works pretty well for me.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Hehe, I can see some people don't read much on the Antivirus side. Anyways, here's some more helpful links for those who need help in the spyware area:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=157452

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=150752

Both of those include various information about 3rd party software, spyware, ads/banners, and LavasoftUSA's kickass Ad-Aware (worth buying).
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Banned
    Nice posts, Vorlin, but it's not LavasoftUSA's Ad-Aware
    It's LavasoftDE's Ad-Aware... LavaSoft is a German company

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Originally posted here by Negative
    Nice posts, Vorlin, but it's not LavasoftUSA's Ad-Aware
    Hehe Negative, if you'll check the url for the posts, you'll see it goes to www.lavasoftusa.com.
    That is home to *THE* Ad-Aware 5.62 (final release so far) along with RefUpdate 1.3. There's a lavasoft.com that has other software and games, but I don't think they're affiliated.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Originally posted here by Negative

Ah, the Germans. They've given us The Volkswagon, The Holocaust and Spyware removal tools......

I'm joking people......joking!

Banned
    Hehe Vorlin, I knew you were going to say that

Check out www.ministryofnegativism.tk ... It's my site, but I don't live in Tokelau, if you know what I mean

Check out all the contact-, and support-adresses for Lavasoft... all .de's
    A German company....

my firewall picked up Onflow, Ezula and Webhancer few months ago and yeah.. i denied it to access the internet PEMANENTLY the moment my firewall spotted it, and ive been wondering what they are.. so thanks to your post i finally know that they are spywares.. hehe.. i had the hunch though.

i´d like to know if all the spyware is removes with one of those scanners like Nitrous. does it affect the software wich it came with? for example: i installed kazaa media desktop. with it came webhancer. if i remove webhancer will it affect kazaa??? please help.
    The World is coming to an end, thus so are we...

Spy Chaser

SpyChaser is a pretty extensive database of spyware. You can find it at:

http://camtech2000.net/Pages/SpyChaser.html

Cheers,

BrainStop