Thread: Phone # to street address lookup

Phone # to street address lookup

I'm getting ready to buy something off of EBay and want to verify the sellers address before I send off a check for $400.

I received the guys phone number for voice confirmation but I want to verify his phone number against the address I will be sending the check to.

Are there any tools out there that can do a street lookup against the phone number?

-Manbik

Try www.reversephonedirectory.com . There are plenty of other reverse phone look-ups on the web if you do a search. Unfortunately, they don't keep their databases very current or very complete.

HTH

Edit: Minor grammatical change.

I actually found and tried that link before I posted here. But as you said, the database isn't up to date or some other failure. Either case it can't find the number. Maybe it's unlisted and hence can't look it up. /shrug

Just seeing if anyone else had an idea.

-Manbik

Re: Phone # to street address lookup

Originally posted by Manbik
    I'm getting ready to buy something off of EBay and want to verify the sellers address before I send off a check for $400.

I received the guys phone number for voice confirmation but I want to verify his phone number against the address I will be sending the check to.

Are there any tools out there that can do a street lookup against the phone number?

-Manbik
    Call him up and check the address with him
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Cute. Reminds of a recent FRIENDS episode.

How do you know he's not a rapist or a murderer?
    Don't you think I asked him first?

LOL

-Manbik

Computer Forensics
    www.anywho.com should do the trick.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Check with Ebay and see what his record and status is. If he has sold stuff before then there should be comments about his previous sales transactions
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]