Thread: "Services and Controller app"?

Question "Services and Controller app"?

First of all, hello to everyone! I'm new new here in AntiOnline; subscribed just a couple of days ago.
    My question is: What is "Services and Controller app", found in Win2k Professional from C:\WINNT\system32\ with the name services.exe? ZoneAlarm tells it wants to access the internet and even act as a server?

-ZeroOne

If you are running "internet sharing" then that could be one of them. Could also be refering to file/print sharing, make sure you have those bindings disabled in win2k for internet access. If you don't have file/print share enabled for the internet, make sure you also have NetBIOS over TCP/IP disabled as well. It's one of the tabs in the TCP/IP properties of the network properties. If internet sharing is the only thing turned on and all others are disabled properly, go ahead and let it through. Shouldn't cause any security problems. Any other questions, please ask

Question hmmm

--> I have win2k and i do have sharing AND netBIOS over TCP/IP disabled, and I still get Services App accessing internet all the time... ? gonna do a little more digging now that I have read your posts...
    Obey All Orders Without Question...The comfort you\'ve demanded is now mandatory. --Jello Biafra

If it's accessing the intenet all the time, it might be referring to other machines accessing through it. You said you had internet sharing enabled correct? If they are not using it (e.g. Turned off for example) then I might start to get a little suspicious.....