Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm...

Originally posted by larryjs
    Go to http://www.grc.com to see how good Black ice works. It totally sucks. use Zonealarm.

this for you if you like black ice
    And while you are looking up GRC trying to be objective with your decisions, take a look at GRCSUCKS http://www.grcsucks.com maybe it will give you a fuller picture.

PZ

Thumbs down

I personally dont think very much of Zone Alarm. Thats just my opinion though and as you can see from the previous posts alot of people think very highly of it. I personally use Tiny Softwares free firewall and would recommend it to anyone. Once you get on-line test out your security at-

www.symantec.com

Not a fan

Personally I don't use ZoneAlarm. I use An SMC Router with a built in hardware (yes hardware not software) firewall which I have never had a single problem with.
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.

firewall testing

If you want a more thourogh firewall test then goto Hackerwhacker.com and run there test. They will scan TCP ports, UDP ports, and see if Netbios is wide open. This should tell you whats better. Hope that helps some.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Hi group,

I used to use ZA but I got tired of all the false pop-ups.
    Tiny personal firewall works good and uses a lot less resources than ZA

He litle problem

hehehe litle problem
    PROBLEM: This address (My Ip Here) is not the address your browser tells us you are coming from. This could mean your machine has multiple addresses in which case you should try another of the addresses.....hehehe its a problem its not a proxy its my ip and it want work because of firewall hehe hehe Sygate block it all

______ ______ ______

I Am D3stR0y3r

______ ______ ______

Originally posted by uraloony
    I then used Tiny Personal and when I scanned my ports @ Shields Up, it just closed my ports, not slealthed them (except for NetBios port).
    Tiny just takes a bit more configuration than the others. Did you have the slider-o-security in the medium mode? In order to stealth the ports, you must either EXPLICITLY deny access, or make it implicit by moving the slider to High security.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted by Tony Cannoli

I used to use ZA but I got tired of all the false pop-ups.
    At least in ZoneAlarm Pro you are able to suppress alerts (pop-ups) if you don't want to see them again. I think you can do it in ZoneAlarm too. Go to Alerts -> Preferences -> Suppress alerts and just check the alerts you don't want to see anymore.

-ZeroOne

On ZA just go to the alerts tab and then uncheck the "Show the alert popup windows."
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Casper why did you say uncheck it now?

Also, Hackerwacker.com has been offline and unable to connect to for days... So don't bother trying to get to it.

When you use ZoneAlarm (the newest free version 2.6) go to Alerts and uncheck the box that says "Show the Alert Popup window". It stops the popups and uses very little system resources.

Also, I agree that ZoneAlarm is clearly the best firewall for Win 9x
    AS LONG as long as the Internet Security settings are set on "High".