Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm...

Zone Alarm...

Has anyone used Zone Alarm...I have it but have not had the chance to use it...my personal puter is not connected to the net at the moment and would like to know what anyone thinks of it I also have winroute and Norton Personal Firewall as my "firewalls" and I have Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition for my virii detection suite...any thoughts on these items would be greatly appreciated...

I have had pretty good luck with ZA. I use it on almost every operating system Microsoft makes. Are you going to install both ZA and Norton on one system?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Zone Alarm is GREAT! I never get on the net without using it.
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Wink

Zone alarm i just love it

nothing better than it

Thumbs up

i enjoy zonealarm, one of the main reasons is that it is free for personal use, and also i hate it when programs try to access the internet without telling me, za always allows me to stop them from sending information.
    Bradley Lamar

Lightbulb Zone Alarm

I'm new in Zone Alarm. Is there some specific configuration for a Compaq Presario 5423, 125RAM ? Please send copy answer to DEHR@viabcp.com.
    Where can I find some help TXt documents. Thanks a lot in advance.

Dan

goto Zonelabs.com
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Talking Re: Zone Alarm...

Originally posted by tripstone
    Has anyone used ZoneAlarm ...I have it but have not had the chance to use it...my personal puter is not connected to the net at the moment and would like to know what anyone thinks of it.
    I have it, and it's excellent! Reasons for this:
    1: It's free.
    2: It's easy to use.
    3: It does very well everything it's supposed to.
    I tried the Hack Yourself -test of HackerWhacker, and ZoneAlarm stopped every port scan & other things it tried to do! I suggest you to install it as soon as possible. This might be cliché, but it's true: there can already be programs that send data to the Internet without saying you anything.
    Also, check a program called Ad-aware . It seeks and destroys many spyware programs (which ZoneAlarm of course would stop, but...).

-ZeroOne

Thumbs up

I had it on my laptop and used it until I went to the office overseas where I could no longer connect to the company network -had to switch to black ice (IT's choice) then. I thought it was a great product.

Banned
    Damn zonealarm groupies, only messing ppl.

I use BlackIce My choice and I have no problems security wise. Just felt I should stop this ZoneAlarm propraganda before somebody fell.

Ive used ZoneAlarm too and realise it is a great product, just not for me.