Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm...

Thumbs up

i also have Zone Alarm and its great but i haven't had a chance to use BlackIce so i dont know about that prog.
    me

I have used both Zonealarm and Zonealarm Pro, and I love them both. It's undoubtedly one of the best firewalls out there. You should get it.

I also have Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition. It's my favorite so far.

Lightbulb On the contrary...

Originally posted by Ennis
    I use BlackIce My choice and I have no problems security wise.
    Unfortunately I've heard personal testimonials as to Black Ice being less secure than ZoneAlarm. I personally use ZoneAlarm and I may be a tad biased, but I've heard some unnerving things about Black Ice letting certain DoS attacks etc through. Flame on...
    <-[ Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may cancel your visa. ]->

larryjs
    Go to http://www.grc.com to see how good Black ice works. It totally sucks. use Zonealarm.

this for you if you like black ice

Banned

Moan

I have tested it, and I have no problems, Im serious, I feel secure running BlackIce. Ive went to www.grc.com shields up! and Im secure. As for the this is for you if you like BlackIce I can only assume youre trying to look good in front of the rest of the people here.

Im probably not gonna convince you but ZoneAlarm just isnt my cup of tea.

Thumbs up

I`ve been using Zone Alarm now for over a year and have had no real problems with it. Because of this I have recommended it to some of my freinds and they were surprised at how easy it is to use, they were also surprised at how many times their computers were being hit. This fact does make me a believer in the product, and I would recommend it to most people.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Thumbs up

I've used ZoneAlarm, BlackIce, and Tiny Personal Firewall. I can say that with each program, it passed all the basic tests at the shields up site. The only thing I had problems with was getting the file/print sharing to work with Tiny Personal Firewall properly. One of the port rules didn't seem to work quite the way I thought it would, but anyway. They all block out the evil port 135, 137, 138, 139 so that solves a lot of hacking problems. They also inform you of programs (trojans) trying to act as servers or connect out.

My opinion is that they all work the way they should, some are easier to configure than others, so it's a matter of the one you are most comfortable with. Zone Alarm seems to be my favorite, easiest to configure and the menus are straight forward

Thumbs up to ZoneAlarm for something free.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by dspeidel
    I had it on my laptop and used it until I went to the office overseas where I could no longer connect to the company network -had to switch to black ice (IT's choice) then. I thought it was a great product.
    I don't get this... In the preferences of ZoneAlarm you can tell it what networks are local and what aren't!

hey boyz

if anyone need i have Zone Alarm Pro 2.6 its the new version and its great i use sygate and Zone aAlarm i think thoes to work the best together so can someone tell me more about that winrouter
    thenk you

AntiOnline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Hey I have used BlackIce, Tiny Personal Firewall, and ZoneAlarm. BlackIce has had to many security breaches, so I got rid of it.

I then used Tiny Personal and when I scanned my ports @ Shields Up, it just closed my ports, not slealthed them (except for NetBios port).

I got ZoneAlarm, and then ran Shields Up and several other scanning services and ALL OF MY PORTS were in stealth mode.

ZoneAlarm seems clearly the best since the others just closed the ports instead of Stealthing them.

Of course I'm sure my opinion doesn't count seeing as I am a new member of AntiOnline