Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i bypass my schools site restrictor secretly?

Unhappy how do i bypass my schools site restrictor secretly?

could somebody tell me how i can bypass my schools site restriction thing without anyone noticing? it is a window NT4 server and the workstations have 98se.

the site restriction thing is called "websense" i think, but the server with the program on it is not inside the school.

You could try HTTPort, basically it's a proxy that you can use, or even set up on your own computer. It lets you use things like instant-messaging and games too, well, if your connection is fast enough on both sides. (Games are iffy, but instant messaging, yeah...)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

see, i was under the impression that this site is for only learning and stuff. the way this question is asked, how do i get around this secretly, sounds quite "illegal" well not in the strictest sense, but still. perhaps you may ask "what sort of protocols and different whatevahs do internet filters use" this would be more beficial for both sides.. the pro coudl describe what they knew, perhaps brushing up on stuff, and you could learn a thing or two, plus get the way to get around your little internet block

I think your best bet would be to get a pc of your own, and set it up in your bedroom.

to bypass websense you could try a few things.
    1. https address cant be filtered by websense.
    find a proxy that uses https.

Use theproxylist.com to find a proxy server, this too
    will bypass websense

theproxylist.com didn't work. where else can i find a proxy server.

even if i did find a proxy server, then what? a step by step guide would be helpful.

Maybe in everyone's spare time we can also spoon feed you dinner. Have you tried any search engines such as google.com. Perhaps figure out how websense works. Install it at a PC at home and see what you can figure out.
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

ok, i have found two i.p address' for proxys. Now how do I set it up? I am logged into the network. NOTE: control panel is restricted!

the reason i want this info is all I want to do is check my MSN hotmail account from school, and it is restricted!

Email ?

lol, all this for trying to read your hotmail Email ?
    i doubt that.

but if its of any help, i did read once that it was possible to get around websence by converting the site ip into decimal notation (your probably already lost though ).

oh well.

Originally posted by xsion440
    ok, i have found two i.p address' for proxys. Now how do I set it up? I am logged into the network. NOTE: control panel is restricted!

the reason i want this info is all I want to do is check my MSN hotmail account from school, and it is restricted!
    Like Enode, I also doubt that you're making such a fuss just to consult your email.

Anyway,

just go to "tools" --> "Internet Options" --> Connections --> "Lan Parameters" --> Use a proxy server and just drop the IP and port of the proxy in there.

Apply, save, quit Internet Explorer and launch again.

Don't forget to remove after use, or someone else will be able to gain access to the whole internet!

But ... I also doubt that your sysadmin will let those packets coming out (he probably also filter on protocol and so on).

Jean-Francois.