Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux Single Hole

Exclamation Graphical interface ...not a choice

The boot graphical interface is not a solution for this becose u can press a combination of keys (for RedHat Ctrl-X) to switch it to text lilo boot where u can pass arguments.So i would choose one of the methods above and NOT the graphical boot
    10x

-=| CtrlAltDel |=-

The graphical bootloader is, I believe, a sop to those who are still dual-booting with Windows. They might get scared if they saw a commandline....
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

Talking graphical loader

After i posted about the graphical loader i seen the "press ctrl+x for command line" haha, I usually dont use graphical loaders becuase the images are always so ugly.
    Whats a \"START\" button?

Easy

As far as i know it works in Slackware,mandrake,redhat,debian and suse(might now be sure about that one)

The fix is easy, edit the /etc/lilo.conf remove the line "prompt" and the "bug" will be gone.

But anyway, as sone as a cracker gets psysical access to you´re machine he can get in.

Another way is to boot the box from a floppe with mulinux, mount you´r harddisk and do everything he want!

UC? peace of cake.

it helped me fix my problem. My computer was set up so that it boots into X server. The font on the X server crashed so it wouldn't wrk anymore. I did the linux single ad turned off the boot to X and now it boots up fine. X server still won't wrk though.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]