Thread: A Programming Form

A Programming Form

A must have
    Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.

This is a security, or lack thereof site. Go to http://www.programmersheaven.com or somthing more specialized for a programming forum.
    Tsk Tsk that \'vB Code is ON\' is really tempting me.. No bad prof.! BAD!

Hmm..May not be a bad idea

I agree that this is a security related site, but a "security" programming forum may not be a bad idea...It could be a place to discuss coding security tools...writing code to fix security flaws, etc.

I believe it would be beneficial to have a place for security oriented individuals to discuss "security programming".

For example: Let's say some new exploit has come out, and an AO member has figured out a way to fix this "security flaw", but is having trouble programming the fix. They could post for help on the forum to resolve the problem.

I'm not sure how popular it might be with other members, though!
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Re: Hmm..May not be a bad idea

Originally posted by Simon Templer
    Let's say some new exploit has come out, and an AO member has figured out a way to fix this "security flaw", but is having trouble programming the fix.
    I agree. This would be much more valuable for Linux users though as they could use this information to reprogram their kernel. The problem with this idea is that quite often it will be much too complex for the average user or even administrator to understand the intricacies of multi-threaded programming.

The script kiddies probably wouldn't care too much either.

On a side note, a good site to check out for multi-language programming help (including Java, C/C++, VB, and scripting languages) is www.developer.com.
    - Stronzo

\"Vini, Vici, Vidi\"
    I came, I saw, I conquered.
    - Julius Caesar

yes!

i couldn't agree less. almost all hackers are programmers. and if those script kiddies wanted to learn, there's no better way than to learn the real thing. it's a noble thing.

it would really be great if there's a part where we can exchange codes and ask about codes concerning programming on security issues. hacking and programming intertwines.

oh well, enough blah, let's just program!
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

i am NOT a hacker :Þ

yes!

i couldn't agree less. almost all hackers are programmers. and if those script kiddies wanted to learn, there's no better way than to learn the real thing. it's a noble thing.

it would really be great if there's a part where we can exchange codes and ask about codes concerning programming on security issues. hacking and programming intertwines.

oh well, enough blah, let's just program!
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

Re: yes!

Originally posted by jetherson
    I'm sorry, I was talking about the programming to stop the hacking, not the other way around. I know hacking and programming do intertwine (most definately yes!), but I would be much more interested in being able to, say, program a better packet filter. Something that is going to make it much harder for a hacker to compromise my system. Things such as firewalls, or if you are smart enough and know what your are doing, reprogramming the linux kernel.

Originally posted in 'The latest from the wires'.
    The National Security Agency (NSA) has released its second public version of the Security Enhanced Linux operating system.

Although still in prototype, the Linux Security Modules based OS is designed to be an almost uncrackable development of the open source platform, which can be confidently used for "certain sensitive or classified applications and environments".

The agency has been working on the Security Enhanced implementation since February this year, and released the first public prototype in May....
    This is the type of programming I'm talking about...
    - Stronzo

\"Vini, Vici, Vidi\"
    I came, I saw, I conquered.
    - Julius Caesar

oops

oh. sorry.

Banned
    Greetings All:

You asked for it, you got it. The new programming forum is now up. Enjoy!