Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assemblage of a Newbie FAQ

Banned

Re: some points from my side.

Originally posted by intruder
    ..hey simon according to me pls add this topic also..

1) some websites where we find useful free download books or documents.
    2) and one question from my side to u

" how and what one should study or read inorder to become a good computer wizard/programmer "?

3) what do u mean by ICQ and MIRC.
    4) what are port scanners and ip tracers and how they work.

regards...
    intruder.....
    Im not too sure intruder but I think youre a member of www.lameindustries.org if you havent seen the tutorials there then I recommend any newbie to visit NOW.

Smile Absolutely Wonderful

Absolutely Wonderful...I'm glad everyone thinks it's a great idea

Terr... I had already found and copied your post on subnets, but if you want to pretty it up and send it to me..feel free to...I would be appreciated.

Intruder.. I will add some of those topics, Thanks for the input

To Everyone: The format in which I had planned to organize was like this:

[A Common Question (Example: "How Do I remove a trojan?") ]

[Informative posts from AO Members with their name at the bottom]

If everyone thinks that it would be more beneficial to create this as an original FAQ and just quote or paraphrase sources then I will do that? Just let me know which would be better.

I honestly hadn't thought of writing an original FAQ because of the time involved. But if that is what everyone thinks would be more benefical to newbies..then I'm all for it.
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Need a Unix Guru

Hello Everyone...I'm working on an outline that I will be following to create the FAQ... But what I am lacking is an Unix Section!

If there is a Unix Guru who doesn't mind taking on the part of creating a section for Unix Newbies or giving me an outline to follow! I would be much appreciated
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

I remember someone trying to do this kind of thing for the usenet group alt.2600.hackerz. Well, lets just say it took on a life of it's own and it's STILL not finished! Quit a large job you've taken on there, Simon, but if you fell you're up to it good luck! If I can help in anyway just let me know............

Smile I'm up for it

Ok...Update of Info

On my site, in the "PL Projects" Section is a link to the outline I will be following when assembling the FAQ.

I encourage everyone interested, to take a look at it, and tell me if I need to add anything!

Thanks
    Simon Templer

-The Buddha

Arrow

Nice outline - I think you have covered just about all the common stuff. You should probably put a quick section on virii before the trojan section. While on the topic, an even smaller section on worms could be put in there too.

Also a question "What is an IP mask?" under IP adresses section.

If you want me to tackle any explanations, I'd be happy to.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

Re: Absolutely Wonderful

Originally posted by Simon Templer

Terr... I had already found and copied your post on subnets, but if you want to pretty it up and send it to me..feel free to...I would be appreciated.
    "Oooh! Oooh! Informational graphics! Oooh! Flowchats! Oooh!... Shiny Presentation Overdose! Shiny! *poing* *poing* *poing*"

(For more on this phenomenon, please consult Sluggy Freelance)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Im not too sure intruder but I think youre a member of www.lameindustries.org if you havent seen the tutorials there then I recommend any newbie to visit NOW.

thanks ennis...i visited the site which u told me....and i got many things to learn from there....

thanks a lot...

TO EVERYONE :-
    FRIENDS I AM LITTLE BIT NEW TO THE WORLD OF HACKING AND THE INFORMATION ABOUT IT, SO I AM IN PROCESS TO LEARN.
    IN THIS PROCESS IF SOMETIMES I ASK SOME WIERED QUESTION TO U ALL , THEN PLS FORGIVE ME AND DON'T THINK THAT I AM TRYING TO TROUBLE ANYBODY BY ASKING SOME BOREING QUESTIONS.

ESPECIALLY TO GURUS OUT HERE LIKE TERR,ENNIS,SIMON .... AND MANY MORE....

THANK U ALL...FOR THE HELP...

intruder......

Re: Absolutely Wonderful

I wrote a little introduction to DoS. Feel free to use it.

http://217.117.47.239/dos.txt

Jean-Francois

Originally posted by intruder

thanks ennis...i visited the site which u told me....and i got many things to learn from there....

thanks a lot...

TO EVERYONE :-
    FRIENDS I AM LITTLE BIT NEW TO THE WORLD OF HACKING AND THE INFORMATION ABOUT IT, SO I AM IN PROCESS TO LEARN.
    IN THIS PROCESS IF SOMETIMES I ASK SOME WIERED QUESTION TO U ALL , THEN PLS FORGIVE ME AND DON'T THINK THAT I AM TRYING TO TROUBLE ANYBODY BY ASKING SOME BOREING QUESTIONS.

ESPECIALLY TO GURUS OUT HERE LIKE TERR,ENNIS,SIMON .... AND MANY MORE....

THANK U ALL...FOR THE HELP...

intruder......
    Hey Intruder is it ok if I copy and paste this at the bottom of everything I write then I wont have to type it so many times...
    Mike
    Mike M aka greyhairedwolf
    ----------------------------------------------
    Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfills
    \"An it harm none do what you will\"
    ----------------------------------------------
    A mind is like a parachute it only works
    WHEN OPEN