Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assemblage of a Newbie FAQ

Smile Assemblage of a Newbie FAQ

Hello Everyone...

In my short time as a member at AntiOnline's forums I have noticed alot of redundant threads...I thought it would be a good idea to create a "Newbie FAQ" out of post's from AO members.

Some of the topics that the FAQ could cover would be:

Port Numbers
    Subnet Masks
    IP Addressing
    Firewall Programs
    DOS Usage
    IP Spoofing
    Telnet Use
    FTP Use
    File & Printer Sharing

I have currently been skimming through the forum, gathering posts on these subjects. I think by having an FAQ like this would free up time spent responding to repetitive posts.

I wanted to know what other members thought about this idea.. and if they have any topics they would like to add.

Thanks
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Another one of there favorites is "How do I hack"?
    Here are some more
    Hacking hotmail?
    hacking AOL?
    " Yahoo?
    " ftp servers?
    " into school computers?
    how do I use trojans
    Where can i find tools/trojans?

[gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Quote:
    "Another one of there favorites is "How do I hack"?
    Here are some more
    Hacking hotmail?
    hacking AOL?
    " Yahoo?
    " ftp servers?
    " into school computers?
    how do I use trojans
    Where can i find tools/trojans?"

Since these people obviously have a very basic knowledge in hacking, and no respect for it, I say we mess with them. We need a reverse-trojan type thing to give them, so it plants itself on their computer instead of their indended victim's. That should teach them a lesson.

I had planned on starting the FAQ with a post by Kapperdog which addresses the "how do i hack hotmail" type questions.

I will add some of those topics in

Thanks for your comments and input !

stflook...The purpose of this FAQ was not to prey on a user's lack of knowledge. My intent is to educate!
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

I don't want to prey on their lack of knowledge. I want to nail them for their lack of respect for what they're doing. Sometimes learning it the hard way is the more effective way of learning it. They have to learn respect somehow, don't they?

Since these people obviously have a very basic knowledge, I say we mess with them.
    I believe we had a miscommunication..I now see from your second post that your first post was directed toward the "script kiddie" (punishing them for their lack of respect). The quote above led me to believe you were talking about the general user who is interested in trojans.

The FAQ that I am assembling will not include answers to questions such as "How do I hack someone using Sub7?" I believe these types of questions are , again , addressed in Kapperdog's well written post (Which will start the FAQ). The information in the FAQ regarding trojans will be about protecting against, discovery of,removal, and general legitimate use of Trojans.

I hope we have cleared up our miscommunications
    Simon Templer

-The Buddha

Hey, Simon... lets draw JParker into this, he's trying to make an AO magazine of sorts (I/O Mag)...

Want me to pretty up and revise that subnet-mask tutorial that I posted a while ago? I assume this will be all-original FAQ. Just let me know if there are any sections I can help out with.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Thumbs up some points from my side.

..hey simon according to me pls add this topic also..

1) some websites where we find useful free download books or documents.
    2) and one question from my side to u

" how and what one should study or read inorder to become a good computer wizard/programmer "?

3) what do u mean by ICQ and MIRC.
    4) what are port scanners and ip tracers and how they work.

regards...
    intruder.....

Arrow

Great idea Simon. Keep us updated on this - I'm sure that there are a few people on here that wouldn't mind filling in some of the empty (or lacking) topics including me.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

Lightbulb

Simon: A great idea A little more organization on the site would really help out. Esp. those like myself who are here to learn and not to harm. To: most of you folks keep up the great answers to the posts.
    KNOWLEDGE IS OF TWO KINDS: We know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it. SAMUEL JOHNSON