Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assemblage of a Newbie FAQ

On my site, in the "PL Projects" Section is a link to the outline I will be following when assembling the FAQ.

..greate simon its an excellent format and easy also...

but what i suggest is what do u think if this point is added also :-

1) operating systems :-
    win9x
    linux
    UNIX
    and where will i get good books or documents on it?

this is just my suggetion to u ok and all who read this message ....
    pls reply on this....

all the best simon

intruder

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On my site, in the "PL Projects" Section is a link to the outline I will be following when assembling the FAQ.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..greate simon its an excellent format and easy also...

but what i suggest is what do u think if this point is added also :-

1) operating systems :-
    win9x
    linux
    UNIX
    and where will i get good books or documents on it?

this is just my suggetion to u ok and all who read this message ....

i am suggesting this point as many newbies doesn't know much about their own operating systems also.
    pls reply on this....

all the best simon

intruder ..

Smile Update of Information

Hello I just thought I would post an update on how I am coming along...

First though let me say a few things...

Thanks Gobinjf for your contributions...I guess I'll have to add a section on DoS attacks..

Thank You, Intruder...although this is suppoed to be a security related FAQ... I think that it would be a good idea to have a links section for operating systems. Good Suggestion!

Second...

Intruder in reply to your "TO EVERYONE : " statement...
    EVERYONE is here to learn (even the "gurus")..We all need help in somethings and we all ask what is considered "stupid" or "boring" questions, so don't ask for forgiveness! Just make sure when you ask questions, that you have at least looked into the subject your posting about. I think what gets the "Gurus" mad is people who post questions that could have been easily answered if they did a little research on their own. So..in short..don't ask for forgiveness for wanting to learn...their is not ONE person on this forum who is not here to learn.

Third..(Where I am in the assemblage of the FAQ)

I am currently in the Firewall section of the FAQ...I still have to pretty up the tutorials written by AO members though. I'm using M$ Word to write this (right now at least) because it is easy to format the tutorial with all the indentation I'm using..not only that but I've been color coding, to seperate AO Member tutorials from questions and other content. When I am done I will put it in HTML format and maybe try PDF as well. (The Tutorial is currently 23 pages long - WOW - those AO member tutorials were long )

When I finish the first main section "General Security Questions" I will post the word document for viewing on my site...That way if anyone has questions, comments or suggestions.

Thanks to all those who have and are contributing to this FAQ, I appreciate it!
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

If you mak an operating system section it should be about the security holes, fixes, problems, and comands that are common with each op system.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Good Trojan Tutorials & Links

Hello Everyone...

I was curious if anyone had any good original tutorials for the FAQ on either:

Exploits
    Trojans
    Trojan Removal
    Virii
    Worms

Etc..

If you do I would appreciate it (It would also save me ALOT of time), if not then I guess I will have to sit down and write a some.

Please make sure they are your own work, and if you have used information from outiside sources, site them.

Also anymore good virii, trojan, and worm links would be useful..Thanks
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

T3h Ch3F

Talking Good Call Simon

I am no UBER user, yet I beleive Simon has a great idea. I will always maintain a firm belief in this quote: , "There is no such thing, as a stupid question". Simon's suggestion covers this frame of thinking well! Filter out the stupidity, that will immediately bogg down the forum, and you will find many people that will forget about being too embarrased to ask, the most rudimentary questions. In my mind the word "NooB", is an Oxymoron. Moron, being the functional term. Was anyone born into the inner workings of a system? I think we were all new at one time or another, I still feel new.

You never stop learning, at least I hope not! Remember, knowledge is power, and any new thing you learn is knowledge!

Perhaps I am only an observer in my posts, yet I learn from each and every one of them , good or bad.

-Warning Galdron is on Beer#6, please shelter your eyes. LOL

Thus Edit #3

FYI Terr "There is no such thing as a stupid question"

Id have to give My fictitional Parents credit for that Quote. ROFL
    Please dont bust me on it! hehe

Re: Good Trojan Tutorials & Links

Originally posted by Simon Templer

Trojans
    Trojan Removal
    I could do this for Netbus/BO/SubSeven and the ilk, at least pertaining to Windows 9x systems. (NT? Dunno.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

T3h Ch3F

Wink RE Trojan

Greetings: I have found personally that TDS3, even in it's evaluation form, is a well written prog. It is a Web Pro Tool, as they like to call it... hehe. A trial version is available at www.wilders.org Dont forget to D-load the key, it is a separate zip.file.

P:

Hello Everyone...

Exploits
    Trojans
    Trojan Removal
    Virii
    Worms

Etc..

If you do I would appreciate it (It would also save me ALOT of time), if not then I guess I will have to sit down and write a some.

Please make sure they are your own work, and if you have used information from outiside sources, site them.

..its a very good idea simon...

i have some good tutorials on trojans :-
    covering introduction , security and protection...
    if u want i can post them for the FAQ. but that is not the original i lso have downloaded from some site but i don't know which site i forgot.

well its better to ask before posting......and getting the negetive points.....

pls let me know if u wish...

all the best simon from me....

intruder ...

Hello Everyone...

Exploits
    Trojans
    Trojan Removal
    Virii
    Worms

Etc..

ok ok simon i will make it for u on trojans ok don't worry..its my job but pls give me some time...so that i can prepare...the document just let me know what topics should be covered..ok

waiting for your reply...

intruder