Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: computer tip

Fiddling has always been my best teacher too, and I'm not saying it's bad, but the thought of a computer newbie messing with their BIOS just makes me cringe. I don't mind if they go into it, but I think they should have a knowledgeable person watch them if they want to fiddle with it. It would be fun to see the looks on their faces when they think they destroyed their computer though.

Talking Messing with the Bios

I don't mean to brag, but I didnt really know much about my bios and changed the epa logo with no problems
    Whats a \"START\" button?

Talking

STFLOOK: Go read my post "funny but true story". We all fall down when learning to walk. Mistakes are the best teacher, depending on the gaol sought. I.E mountain climbing.
    Oh, by the way I now know about the CMOS battery and the jumper. Most of the folks here are really just great sources of info for us who crawl and are beginning to do the walk. Once again thanks all.
    KNOWLEDGE IS OF TWO KINDS: We know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it. SAMUEL JOHNSON

Talking Re: computer tip

Originally posted by grigri9
    here's a handy tip for the budding computer user. when your PC is in the process of loading up press delete and you will enter the CMOS setup screen write down all the settings here because if your computer get's trashed you will need to input those settings for your computer to run properly

ho ho ho ho ho ...grigri thanks for telling me all this hahah i never knew it....hahahahah...

intruder...

Originally posted by jiffyprogasm
    STFLOOK: Go read my post "funny but true story".
    I would read it, but I can't find it. Could you be so kind as to provide a link?

Intuder, did you take a look at the name of the forum you're in it's called the newbie forum. Maybe you already know all about that, but some people don't know about BIOS that is why this site has a newbie forum.
    G.G.