Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: possible t0 have a secure windowze

Banned
    i am running an ftp server i know i am,, i just used the loopback because i really dont like giving out my ip

Possibly i should elaborate - the loopback adapter (127.0.0.1) is just a bit of software to verify your tcp stack is all present and correct - it doesn't run any daemons and nobody can hack it.
    If you want to scan your real ip address - type "ipconfig" at a dos prompt or "ifconfig" in bash to get your proper ip.

Banned
    first of all its not ipconfig..... its winipcfg and i know what loopback is.... i did a portscan on myself... on my real ip address 172.169.***.*** but i put in my loop back because i do not like to show my ip online

Well you obviously know everything there is to know about computers and network security - i'm sorry for bothering you by answering your questions.
    And anything post 95 will accept ipconfig.

Banned
    thats true...... but are there any ways to lcose up any oepn ports... like port 1257 is open for me......

ac1dsp3ctrum
    first of all its not ipconfig..... its winipcfg and i know what loopback is.... i did a portscan on myself... on my real ip address 172.169.***.*** but i put in my loop back because i do not like to show my ip online
    First of all "ipconfig" is the DOS equivilent to "WinIPcfg"...Perhaps you should have tried "ipconfig" in DOS before posting.

Both display the same information and have the same features, the only difference is "WinIpCfg" has a nice GUI

I hope this has cleared up the "IpConfig", "WinIpCfg" misconception.
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

openBSD is soo much more secure than any linux distro unless of cource they are properly "locked down" If you use openBSD they havent had a remote hack in four years in all of reality not many people know about openBSD and lots of people dont know how to "hack" it but i would say BSD is a great thing and is very trustworthy

Banned

just a note to the neophytes...

Posted By: Ac1dSp3ctrum

linux..... i would expect OpenBsd or BSD to be the most secure...... becus *nix gets hacked almost everyd ay.... but u barely hear about BSD being hacked.. or is it just underpublicized?

Hey kiddo....Just to clear any misconceptions you may have on your haXor journeys...BSD IS ****ING UNIX! BSD is more unix than any Linux.

Posted By: Ac1dSp3ctrum

can a windowze OS ever be as secure as OpenBSD or *nix ?

Again.....BSD is "*nix"

"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work."
    Kevin Mitnick

First step is to figure out what type of OS your you talking about...