Thread: Bookmark managers

Question Bookmark managers

Anyone here using some bookmark managing service? I use Blink, but now when you have to start paying for it I'm going to dump my account there. So, what would you suggest? What do you self use? Give me some good/bad sides about it?
    [Funny part of this message:] And still about Blink... When I last logged into it, it told me I have to pay if I want to, for example, synchronize the bookmarks with my browser. So, I clicked the "Free trial for a month!" link. It asked for my credit card number. Since I haven't got one, I just entered "12345678". Illegal. "87246813". Illegal again. Hmm... Maybe the same kind of numbers with Visa or Master Card? Nope, didn't work. That's when I started to wonder: Hey, this doesn't load this page at all after I've clicked "Submit", but it still can tell something about the credit card number I entered. Well. Looks like java script. Let's check the source. Wow! Fully commented java script with perfect instructions how to calculate the checksum of a credit card number!! But hey, I don't even have to make a program to count it! I can just disable java script! As a result of this, I now have a free "have-to-pay-for" account with credit card number "1337" in Blink Pro!

-ZeroOne

PS. ? With a bookmark managing service you can update, change, delete & manage your bookmarks from what ever net-connecter computer you are ever using. You also should be able to synchronize the bookmarks with your browser.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Talking about security gehehe such a simple solution i think i can learn from that many thanx
    greets
    adon
    hip hop rules

Post Bookmark Manager

Opera's browser has the best built in bookmark manager around in my opinion. Use Opera and there's no need to put up with crappy bookmark managers and it works under Linux. It's lightweight, doesn't use much memory (unlike Netscape 6!) and you can customise it very simply. Only downfall is it's "adware". But Im sure a person of your ability can find the crack for it.....

Exclamation Re: Bookmark Manager

Conf1rm3d_K1ll: The point is that I want to be able to access my bookmarks from all over the world (or at least all over the Finland...) because I'm using multiple computers, not only this one. I do not want to always take my bookmars-file into a floppy....

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25