Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nuke programs

Re: thanx

Originally posted by aarobonob
    tanx for the info..might i point out, tho that only the geociites and antihack links work! thanx tho.. inow understand. one topic down 65334 more
    Well, *cracking knuckles* start asking.

ok you asked for it!!

thanx for the cracking knuckles...look for more posts from aarobonob in the very near future int he newbies section of course..
    visit clublouie.com!!

mistaken!? o_O

Ummmm I was always under theimpression that a nuker (or was that a Winuker?) connected to an open port (If memory serves right I tink it was 139) on older versions of windows (95/98) and sent a packet that caused the machine to crash!? But being easily patched on these versions and removed in older versions these attacks have been left nearly useless now - or am I completely wrong!?

Just to clarify

So far in the answers in this thread, Winnuke and the Ping of Death have been mentioned. Winnuke sent out-of-band data on port 139, which caused Windows machines to lock up. The ping of death was a very old attack which sent a big malformed Ping packet (ICMP ECHO_REQUEST) to the victim, which would cause the same sort of effect. More recently, twinge appeared; this sent a flurry of invalid ICMP requests to the victim (A Windows machine) which would kill it pretty quickly.

However, these are all specific attacks. The term 'nuker' or 'denial of service attack' just means any attack on a machine which causes it no longer to be able to provide a certain service or set of services. As such, a brick lobbed with sufficient force is a nuker, too; it's just that most of them are small programs that splatter the machine over a network because that's the easiest, most popular form of this sort of attack.

There are hideous numbers of different ways that these nukers have been known to work in the past. Luckily most of them are highly unlikely to work on most machines these days, though - but the latest ones still will, of course.

Well, I could go into more specifics, but there's no particular reason for me to do so, so I won't. If you have any specific questions about this, feel free to ask and I'll try, along with everyone else here I'm sure, to give a helpful answer.

- Freon
    NightKingdoms Progressive
    http://www.nightkingdoms.net/
    \"Circumventing the limitations of technology\"

All of you have failed to tell the person who is questioning nukers that it is very illegal. If you are traced and caught you will for sure be fined a hefty amount and possible jail time.Possibly $5,000.00 depending on the severity. I suggest if you really want to know about nuking go do a search on it yourself, and study the source code. If you want to protect yourself set up a good firewall. Close port 139 NetBios. Alot of nukers do not work since the bugs have been fixed in windows and so forth.

adore from http://www.hackers.com

Arrow a note...

thanx for the replies... i of course know it is illegal..but with all the other time i need to spend at work and stuff, i haven't found too much time to research it myself. so thats why i asked my antionline buddies. figured they could share it faster... i have learned alot...thanx again.. no more specific questions.

look for other posts by aarobonob
    visit clublouie.com!!