Thread: asp ?

asp ?

does anybody know if it is possible to view asp source code?
    (not the output but the original file)
    and if yes, how?

akillez

Under normal circumstances, you are not allowed to view ASP source, because as its name implies Active Server Pages are "server side" therefore all the ASP code is processed within the server into plain HTML and displayed.

There have been ways of viewing the source through exploit,(I can't remember any of them off the top of my head) most took the form of appending certain information at the end of the URL.
    But, I think all of them have been fixed

Question: Are you asking because you want to learn ASP or because you are trying to exploit a site? If you are trying to learn ASP, then I will be more than happy to help you!

I hope this helped
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

a bit of learning and a bit of exploiting actually

i'm trying to learn php and want to leech my details from the dbase of this online game i'm addicted to (that site is in asp), in order to show them all on one page instead of having to browse through 20 ... (well you can't invent the wheel all the time )

also i've found out about the ::$DATA bug, but that doesn't work anymore

I don't know what OS your running but if your trying to learn PHP and your on a Win32 OS then check out my thread on PHP & Windows:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=121249

I remember reading about the ::$DATA bug exploit and a couple others...never had much luck with them though
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

well i got mine here, the site is dutch but everything inside the zip is english

it contains PHP 4.04pl1 , Apache 1.3.19, phpMyAdmin2.01 and MySQL 3.23 + win GUI

PHP Learning

Have you installed everything yet?

I just installed and started my PHP learning last night, so hopefully in the near future we can collaborate on what we're learning!

Good Luck
    Simon Templer

-The Buddha

i did yes, and made a dbase with it...that was ez enuff, its the php part that is the hardest...

good luck to you to *opens book of 600+ pages*