Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: computer problem ..wont boot

I forgot about that. Oops. By the way, are you sure it's not just the BIOS controller? I'm pretty sure the BIOS itself HAS to be on the motherboard.
    This Compaq BIOS program everyone has been talking about is called "F10 Setup". When a Compaq is reformatted it loses the "F10 Setup" program... The BIOS is still their and operates correctly... The only thing though...is that without F10 Setup you cannot modify the BIOS. Just remember that Compaq creates a different F10 setup program for each model, so if you lose it in a reformat, make sure you download the correct one according to your model number.

Also: Not having F10 Setup will not cause any problems You just won't be able to modify BIOS Settings (As mention above)
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Talking THANX...UGH

well, thanx for all your help... i have about a week vacation comin up and wont' be by that computer.... but when it happens, that i hopefully get it fixed, i'll post my results and how/why things happend..so others can learn... i did learn something tho... its not compaq..its comcrap? haha...
    visit clublouie.com!!

Originally posted by Simon Templer

This Compaq BIOS program everyone has been talking about is called "F10 Setup". When a Compaq is reformatted it loses the "F10 Setup" program... The BIOS is still their and operates correctly... The only thing though...is that without F10 Setup you cannot modify the BIOS. Just remember that Compaq creates a different F10 setup program for each model, so if you lose it in a reformat, make sure you download the correct one according to your model number.

Also: Not having F10 Setup will not cause any problems You just won't be able to modify BIOS Settings (As mention above)
    I thought so.....

Arrow an UPDATE!

ok...i foudn this out the hard way, but for all those who were wondring...

when using a compaq or oany other computer that has all integrated stuff...look for the VIA chip... it will be on the mother board and have an identification number. goto the via website..(not compaq...they ahve all the programs to but "modified" for compaqs..doens' talways work all the time) goto thier website and download all the information and programs needed for the harddrive...hope you have a fast connection tho...the video driver alone is 8meg download!! thank god for cd burners.

i would actually suggest downloading all these programs when your computer is still working just incase it crashes in the future

-a
    visit clublouie.com!!