Thread: good work from microsoft

good work from microsoft

If God had intended
    Man to program,
    we would be born
    with serial I/O ports.

Banned
    I read about that say a month or so ago, best option is dumping Windows. Im no Windows-basher but this kind of thing is not really freedom now is it.

Arrow

So that is where all my hard drive space is going!
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

If you are a windows 2000 user, simply turn off "hide protected operating system files"

You won't have to worry about all the command line stuff if it's not your thing....

Attached picture to show in folder options.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I read that article a while ago, and was quite surprised by the amount of information that was actually still resident on the computer...

It was quite amazing how much information about the sites I visited were stored... upon manually going through and deleting every file in the subdirectories (I couldn't delete them all at once because of a sharing violation..) I had released nearly 300 meg of my hard drive from the clutches of Windows....

What really surprised me was that along with the standard IE options that I have running (one of which is keep only a 1meg cache of Temp Internet Files), I also have TweakUI setup up with full paranoia settings....

There is supposed to be NO history on my computer... yet microsoft still keeps it there... I wonder what for.... *innocent look*

The link doesn't work
    hereis one that doeshttp://www.astalavista.com/library/o...8/mshidden.txt
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

The only way to make sure that no such files exist on your system is to build a linux distro from scratch, that way you know exactly what's on your system.

pwaring.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.