Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do without a computer?

What would you do without a computer?

As I sat here staring at my faithful laptop, I suddenly started thinking...What would I do without a computer? Or without a TV? Or without any form of electronic entertainment? I think I'd just throw darts at the wall and wander around my neighborhood thinking about doing illegal stuff that'd get my in trouble with the cops.

And so my question for everyone is...What would you do without any electronic entertainment such as computer, TV, game console?
    Why am I still here?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

Actually, when I first graduated from university I had no luxuries like computers (yes I have a few now), tvs (and a few of those as well), etc. I spent most of my time reading lots of fiction.

I've actually started to consider getting rid of the TVs, mostly because there is limited stuff on that I like and because I have lots of books to get through. =D . Nothing like an incentive, eh? I think given the events of last month, I was even more inclined to want to get rid of the 24-hour/day information load, especially from places like CNN where is was glamourized.

Since that time I've been going back to reading again and avoiding the news quite a bit.

I would be reading books. (Actually, I do that already for extra entertainment.) I'd also practice my martial arts a lot more (which would be a good thing. ) The craziest thing is that I would sit around programming. (I'd be writing my programs with a good old fashioned pencil and paper.) I know.... I did that a lot when I was in the Navy and out to sea with practically nothing else to do. Oh well. I don't have to do that any more.

Happy Hacking
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

I'd play sports or sail my boat (more).
    - Stronzo

\"Vini, Vici, Vidi\"
    I came, I saw, I conquered.
    - Julius Caesar

You want to know what I'd do without a computer? See my signature. No, I'm not kidding.

I would have a life.
    KapperDog

Originally posted by KapperDog
    I would have a life.

I can survive without other electronic items like Television but without computers no chance for living happily. Tell u guys onething abt. myself u will laugh on that but its true if i don't sit infornt of my computer and do work on it for more than 2 days i get sick, i feel that im getting weaker everything else look worse to me .

so cut this out for me i cann't live without computer.

Unhappy Stop the scarey talk...

stop it.. your scaring me.. no computer?!? you can't live without a computer....

I spend like every spare minute on the computer, and even some which aren't spare.... I mean, in the last 54 days, my computer has been off for like 2 days....

What would I do if I didn't have a computer? Aside from go out of my mind *or at least more so*.... I would probably just sleep alllll the time.........

no computer... hmm, i would finally have a life again!

Banned
    Do things my mother used to think I was going do, you know the type of stuff where you move around and all this kinda stuff.

Damn that was too confusing. Im just hoping it never happens....