Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP luv or h8

Now that would be fine except that you can have only one instance of TCP\IP installed, so dont think about accesing more thatn one network.
    I'm not sure what you mean by more than one instance of tcp/ip, but I have had no trouble converting an XP machine into a multihomed box, as long as you're using static addressing.

My opinion of XP, a cartoon artist redesigned 2k and made it ten times more obnoxious.

I had XP installed for a while, then grew to hate it, as with every other windows version, all it takes is time.

Talking WindowsXP

XP has alot of new features, and cool stuff. completly free of M$DOS and stuff...

And the stability...
    Check out www.windowsxp.nu for cool downloads for XP
    And be sure to get www.themexp.org the themes...

But it still is Micro$oft.... So I just tripple-boot it (as third option)
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

sebastos12

Thumbs down

i have windows XP and i think that the environment is good and beautiful, but it has many problems like when i have a 650MB CD the computer says that the CD is 5,96MB and it has twice a folder which is 173MB, i don't search much for other problems, but i think that it is better with windows ME than XP.

Windows ME is better than XP?

Try Win2k or better still *nix

PS good links for XP from the_JinX

sebastos12
    Maybe a updated version of XP would be better, is there any new one?

Originally posted by sebastos12
    Maybe a updated version of XP would be better, is there any new one?
    Nope same XP, still waiting for Service Pack...

XP is Hackers Heaven!!!

Windows XP is a Hacker's Heaven. Read article at GRC.com and he will explain the XP has too many raw sockets. He pleaed with MS to repair that problen ,but was just not sucessful. I know 4 people with XP that have been hacked already and removed XP!
    If MS doesn't care which sometimes I think they don't XP could have been a good OS. But the Bill Gates guru's just ignored Steve Gibson and now it is showing how unsafe XP is to use. I will stick with Windows 2000 and ME!!!

i work for Microsoft under a temporary basis as a Network Admin Help. and all the computers in the building are Windows 2000 Professional...

Why wont they use XP?

My boss said "XP stands for X-tra Problems"

So if microsoft dont even use it.. why should you?

Angry What is this?!?!?

Windows XP is not that bad. Sure it's microsoft which is a problem to begin with but that doesn't automatically make it useless. Politcally I have alot of problems with it but it is generally more stable then the Win9x series. As for NT and 2000, I've never used 2000 but NT was always buggy. I am pretty much the average user - I play games, run multimedia apps, surf the net, and do some light programming. For this XP is fine.

As for linux, everybody under the sun knows that it outperforms windows, that it really let's one have 'control' over ones machine but XP isn't really trying to compete with it. XP if for people who run Win9x as their sole os, not for diehard linux fans.