Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows XP luv or h8

hmm u should try win2k then... i assure u. u'd like it better and yeah NT is buggy.. it has a lot and i mean a lot of bugs and flaws compared to 2000..

i know that considering i work in the Networking Industry.. take my word for it..

and i know that you are just a normal user.. but its people like you (regular users) that people like me protect.

we tell u the flaws so you wont be victimized...

but in the end.. its really up to you if you wish to listen to our rants..

just being a helpful citizen

Question Again 2000...

Let me tell you sonic, it is definatly appreciated. And I trust what you say about 2000 as I have heard similar praises around the place. But you would have to agree that 2000 isn't designed for the average user. I have heard of compatability issues with games and video cards. Nothing major or things that can't be dealt with but enough to discourage a novice user who just wants to hop into such & such a game.

Xp has flaws and isn't the ideal OS. But it's probably the best mass consumer OS available at the moment. Unfortuantly there is a lot of room for improvement.

Thumbs down

XP doesn't work on my computer.
    I tried to install it many time and each time there was an error.

Moreover, most of the drivers for XP aren't totally clean!
    For example, my graphic card hasn't got a good XP driver
    => It makes this OS not stable it reboot every 20 minutes...

Some software doesn't work with XP. For example, 3dsmax4 doesn't start on my computer, Visual C++ can't create new files (!!) etc...

I don't know if my XP version is good, but I prefer wait for the futur XP driver....
    ------------------------------------------------
    SaMouRai94

Scuze my English, I\'m french ;-) ....

-----------------------------------------------

Win XP

I dont use ANY MS products at home but I do at college and heres my advice:
    1.)Get a *nix
    2.)If you have win 98 and don't use DOS then you can delete autoexec.bat & config.sys and edit msdos.sys so your PC boots in well under a minute
    3.)Run XP behind a firewall, don't trust the damned thing
    4.)You seen those nice new pretty Macs, you could be even more extreem and get a Sun Blade for under a grand, even a RISC PC!!!

sebastos12
    I think that anyone who have XP should put them away and put Windows ME or 2000, they are better than XP until Micro$oft make a service pack.