Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Net Force Returns.

Banned

Net Force Returns.

Ok, today I was on IRC chatting away to a friend of mine about a small project we were working on. Going ok until I got added to some guy's ICQ list then promptly recieved a message. It was some guy called s0rcerer or something like that.

S0rcerer: Who is this?
    Ennis: ?
    S0rcerer: You added me to your list.
    Ennis: No, sorry I didnt.
    S0rcerer: www.netforce.4t.com
    Ennis: wtf?
    S0rcerer: It's my site.
    Ennis: Go away plz.

I did go to site however and yes its an updated version of the Net-Force site.

Anyway I told my buddy on IRC who decided to find out who this guy really was by sending him a msg from his ICQ, apparently he claimed to my freind he was in 'cdc'.

'cdc' my freind asked

'Cult of the Dead Cow' he replied.

Then you should be a pretty good programmer? - friend

'Gotta go' and he went offline.

Now I know this happened before but has anybody else had people from this Net-Force group adding you to their ICQ list then claiming you added them?

Exclamation

Interesting.....

Maybe someone should deface their website.. heh
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Banned
    Thats not why I posted this, Im just checking if any other members from this board have recieved this kind of annoyance recently.

Im not looking for revenge.

ok, hopefully im not gonna make myself sound like a complete fool right now, but isnt it a bit counter logical to have cDc "affilated"(according to that crappy website) to netforce, a suposed anti-cyber crime group? i mean cDc is behind BackOrifice which is right up there with sub7 in terms of trojan popularity, if im not mistaken...it just seems like cDc wouldnt want anything to do with a group like netforce proports to be...
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

If he says he can program, ask him if if he used an HTML generator for his website this time! rofl
    After I told him that he had failed to get my IP address, he never came back. Could it be that he realized I knew he was a fraud? Most likely.
    I just looked at the source code for his site, and it's definitely from a code generator (a pretty bad one at that).

Here's another thing that confuses me about this site. It SELLS "official" Net-Force clothing to it's members. Here's the problem with that:

1. They're supposed to be "undercover"
    2. They "track down" CYBER-criminals. What the hell do they need a uniform to sit down at their computer for?

God this guy never fails to crack me up.......

I think he's probably just trying to make it seem like he isn't doing spam-recruitment... I would just add him to your invisible list, but keep him unignored just in case he actually says something like an apology...

I KNOW...

Everyone, put together all the conflicting and/or badly written Netforce statements and claims... let's make a little 'debunking Net Force' text! I've got a new target
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

This quote came from the "official" Net-Force website.
    "Our agents go where no other law enforcement agency can.
    Sometimes to catch a criminal you have to become one."

I don't think I have to say anything......*cough*HYPOCRITE!
    Sorry....I have a cold.

from the main page of their site:
    "DO NOT BE FOOLED! Our on line Agents NEVER identify themselves as a "Net Force" to another on line user or users. Net Force only interact with suspects to gather evidence."
    ok...then how come i've seen 2 people here who have been contacted by people quite clearly claiming to be "Net Force"... also...if they are suposed to be "super-secret" or whatever, how come they list all the members and their emails on the website?

just as a side note, as far as i can tell, all the news on their news page has been coppied and paisted directly from the antionline news pages
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Net force is an undercover cop/government organization, they try to draw you to them hoping that you will give them more information about illegal activites that either you or a friend did. This is how they are able to find you where ever you go on the net. I would watch what you say to people and your activity on the net.

I had a friend in San Diego before I moved to Iowa get looked up.By the same people. He was getting e-mails, and I think he even got a letter in the mail about a job that you would have to apply for on the net. This got him really suspicious. Then he learned and was mailing people for a long time about this ****. He was smart enough to hide all his activities on his computer and on the net. But that is what it is.

Originally posted by 8*B@LL
    from the main page of their site:
    "DO NOT BE FOOLED! Our on line Agents NEVER identify themselves as a "Net Force" to another on line user or users. Net Force only interact with suspects to gather evidence."
    ok...then how come i've seen 2 people here who have been contacted by people quite clearly claiming to be "Net Force"... also...if they are suposed to be "super-secret" or whatever, how come they list all the members and their emails on the website?
    Simple. They're computer-illiterate posers who think they can hack because they can download script kiddie programs. I know that sounds harsh, but I challenge somebody to prove me otherwise.