View Poll Results: What would you want to use..??

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • NIX

5 45.45%
  • WIN

2 18.18%
  • Lindows

3 27.27%
  • Other

1 9.09%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abusive users.

Interesting.. Yes....

Am I in the inclusion list or something??
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Originally posted by evilseed
    Interesting.. Yes....

Am I in the inclusion list or something??
    What do you mean by that? Are you asking if you're considered an abusive user? I don't think you are.

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by RiOtEr
    the way i see it negatif wouldnt have anything to do cause all he does is flame all the script kiddies for the bad grammer etc!
    I guess that thats a good thing though because it REALLY winds them up... which is amusing for the rest of us.

Banned

OMFG HAHA!

I belive I saw Negative's name mentioned here. *note* to newbies. Negative knows what he's talking about. And yes if you post a moronic question like "how do I hack hotmail" then he and everybody else has every right in the world to flame your lame question asking ass. Not to mention if you ask "how do I hack hotmail" with bad grammar.....then damnit you flat out deserve everthing you get.

Need I mention the 1st. ammendment?

Also notice that many of the people that flame you are longtime AO users and knowlegeable people in this industry. If you can't handle a little (or a lot) of critisism then, well, **** off.

-Quad

I am not for sure of the abuse that the newbies are going thru on this site because I am a newbie myself at least I am to this site but if someone is being abusive to me I would not take it into my own hands I would go to the web site master and talk to them about it.

-White Hacker

Need I mention the 1st. ammendment?
    Yes, please do. Explain how the first ammendment applies here, in this privately owned space.

I agree with the defenses of Negative (by NoNeckJoe, Simon Templer, others...). He only flames the truly deserving (read: those who ask for it). He contributes valuable information, and ideas. That he should even be mentioned in a post about abusive users is ridiculous. If you hold such a "negative" opinion of Negative, please reconsider.

I don't believe the poll is asking about users such as Negative, but about users who have demonstrated neither a desire to share nor a desire to learn, while being very disruptive of others.

It is far easier simply to ignore these posts. This ends in the quickest results with the least amount of effort. If one actively attempts to silence such abusers, it becomes a challenge to them, and their behavior increases. I recognize that this is not possible or desirable for everyone.

It's not hard to sign up for an account here. If you get you're account terminated you can sign back up. And there will always be new *******s coming in. As much as I'd like to see some people gone it would only give us maybe a week or two of peace. Maybe people like Bads News could be put up for a vote. If they have a lot of negative antipoints and we vote against them they should get a lot of priveleges and the ability to post taken away from them.
    Why am I still here?

Exclamation Abusive Posters Need To Exist

Without our friends the abusive poster, also known as posterius abusivos , if we weren't answering newbies's questions, or each other's questions, we would have no one to critique, no one to denounce, no one to tell them the true side of one's story, or anyone to set straight in the ways of AO's acceptable behavior as far as posts and opinions are concerned.

Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Banned
    Originally posted by stflook

First off, I never stated my opinion here. You just assumed I wanted to see them kicked. You were right though. I do think we should kick the worst of them, like Bad News, and Seb-G. Yes, I remember Stalin's purges, but we're just deleting people's accounts, not killing them.
    I mean by this that we have no right to kick anybody, I know these abusive users simply waste time and they are hard to ignore.
    Luckily there are a lot of people I respect here like yourself stflook that remind me that these are just wasters.
    That is all they are, let them be and just laugh, then get on with the real sh*t.

Red face

What's with all of this talk about kicking people off of the AO forums?
    Who is going to decide who gets kicked off and who stays?
    We've already had one example where Negative was selected by one person as someone who should be kicked off and by another as someone who should stay.
    Who is to say which one of them is right?
    This whole forum is becomming snobbish and elietist.
    I've been on this forum just about from it's conception (does that make me better than you?), and it was a lot smaller in those days with a lot less contributors.
    I thought that the more popular this place became the better it would be as more people would be able to share the knowedge.
    But it's just becoming one big slagging match.
    If you don't like what someone is posting then don't ****ing read it. It's only a dumb internet forum, it's not as if these people know who you are in real life. Don't take it so personal.

I'm still drunk and now I'm off for a Bob Marley special, I need to chill out a bit.