Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Script Kiddie/Black Hat/White Hat?

Smile I see.

I understand what you both are saying but I am not sure that I agree. I am not 100% for sure that books ARE a Hacker's best friend but I still feel more towards the books and other 'txt than I do the actuall computer. I think when you are trying to learn the art of Hacking and you already have a computer you can easly become a script kiddie. You will want to hurry and do things (Hacking in your eyes). You will download floods and Sub7 and other programs made by people that already understand computing and networking. If you learn before hand you may be saved from the "Scipt Kiddie Stage".

I hope this makes sence. Thank you all for your time and comments.

Learner,

Banned

Re: I see.

Originally posted by DISLEX
    . I am not 100% for sure that books ARE a Hacker's best friend but I still feel more towards the books and other 'txt than I do the actuall computer.

But surely anyone interested in computers is more interested in computers than books, it's commen sense.
    I think when you are trying to learn art of Hacking

I am not into 'hacking, Im into security.
    and you already have a computer you can easly become a script kiddie.

Just because you have a computer dosent make you a goddamn script kiddie surely, or else we are all script kiddies here?

You will want to hurry and do things (Hacking in your eyes).

NO.
    You will download floods and Sub7 and other programs made by people that already understand computing and networking.

Or perhaps by using our computers we can learn about Computing and Networking. I have never downloaded Sub7, who would, children.
    If you learn before hand you may be saved from the "Scipt Kiddie Stage".

Im sure my commen sense can save me from becoming a script kiddie.

I hope this makes sence.
    No. It should however make sense.

I saw Knightmare's book. It was terribly general and had almost nothing worth while. It had a cute social eng. section but that was about it.

Talking

Hey great thoughts everyone! But I was just wondering what you guys think the stages are. What stages did you go through to get to the position you are in now etc etc?

Lightbulb

Good posts: I am a book fiend, but without the actual implementation of the info gleened, it is basically just info.
    With the recent passing of the anti-terrorist/internet terror laws it is a dangerous game being a skript-kiddie. One major mistake on your part and big bad bubba in the big house is waiting on you at the end of the day!!!!!!!!!!!
    Practicing the art of security and breaking code and p/w's should be done in the confines of your own home. Set up your own network, have a trusted friend set some p/w's and ply your trade.
    Over the last month or so I have leaned a great deal from this site, but actual troubles I have encountered has taught me more than the reading by a factor of ten.
    KNOWLEDGE IS OF TWO KINDS: We know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it. SAMUEL JOHNSON

Don't be a script kiddie

Don't be a script kiddie cause that's just lame and takes no skill at all. But check out www.NetworkPunk.com they got loads of kewl tools and word docs. And always read everything you can on hacking.
    Visit www.NetworkPunk.com for some great computer security news.
    And loads of progz and text docs used by hackers.

*Sniff Sniff*

Wow, Ennis.
    *Crys*

I never ment you should not have a computer.
    I never ment that you should read before you ever touch a computer.
    I *am* saying that right along with actually using a computer you should read.

Of course you learn from being in front of a computer and trying things. Maybe you will break something. Maybe you will crash your system. You might even makwe something work or work better. You are teaching yourself with the computer; a tool. Another tool that can help in all these areas... Yup, you guessed it! BOOKS! You crashed... Read why! Read how to get it back up and working. Read how to prevent it.

I think when not on a computer... ...Read about one!

I just wanted to try to clear that up a little bit. Everyone seems to be jumping on me. I hope you all still love me. *Hugs Ennis*

Learner,

Banned
    Oh, its all cleared up now, of course I still love you, LOL!