Thread: icq pw recovery:(

Question icq pw recovery:(

hi folks!

i have a question: how can i get my lost password from icq?? i found an encrypted entry in 53732957.dat

but i have no idea how i can read it... i have reinstalled my icq and want to use my old number but if i want to do this i have to know my password...

can anybody help me??

thx harlekin
    The question is not if u are paranoid, the question is if u are paranoid enough...

Arrow

i think to most this sounds more like a little cracker trying to cover a question... you lost yoru password for icq? you got a dat file? sounds like you might have stole it from somewhere else...some one else's box... so if you did infact lose your password, i'd say get a new number dude... sorry about that, but telling you how to get your encrypted password out of your own file sounds a bit suspicious to me...try writing down your passwords ina secure place from now on.
    visit clublouie.com!!

website

To get YOUR password from icq, go to their website. They have a form there that allows you to request your password. It will be emailed to you.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

Arrow

Now I'm not one to help out crackers, but this could definately be a problem for non-cracker people that don't like giving ICQ their email address. Anyway, Elcomsoft makes a piece of software called "Advanced ICQ Password Recovery" - http://www.elcomsoft.com/
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

Smile thx

@ ivan: i´m thanking u for your post... i didn´t gave icq my mail... and i dont want to loose my list @ my icq number and without an email u cant get your pw back form icq itself...

anyway thanks to all of u guys
    The question is not if u are paranoid, the question is if u are paranoid enough...